Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Safariland 015 issues

hrhawk

Just picked up a 015. I’m having some issues getting it set up.  Lock is difficult to engage and when deactivated fully the holster will not give up the gun.  Akai with Cheely grip. 

Anyone with experience got a setup trick to get his holster to work with the 015?

It’s definitely smooth when it works but it’s 50/50 right now.  My draw is clean and straight up.  Even with belt off and perfectly set it will remain locked till you shake it. 

Or suggestions on what holster will work with the cheely. 

Edited by hrhawk

I found when brand new I had to spray it with just a little dry lube before it broke in per say. Also check to see if the gun is hitting the top of the holster. Mine has worn the red finish off the very top of the holster. 

My limited gun with a Cheely is a little tight as well. A small amount of silicon lube freed it up a bit. However, what really helped was to adjust my draw stroke. I noticed that when I canted the gun forward just slightly during the draw, the gun would freely come out of the holster without hanging up. My Honcho does not have this problem.

On 3/27/2021 at 2:12 PM, hrhawk said:

Just picked up a 015. I’m having some issues getting it set up.  Lock is difficult to engage and when deactivated fully the holster will not give up the gun.  Akai with Cheely grip. 

Anyone with experience got a setup trick to get his holster to work with the 015?

It’s definitely smooth when it works but it’s 50/50 right now.  My draw is clean and straight up.  Even with belt off and perfectly set it will remain locked till you shake it. 

Or suggestions on what holster will work with the cheely. 

What's the word?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...