Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TKC moon clip loading tool with Revolver Supply 9mm moon clips?

regor

Pardon if this is a really stupid question, but I just bought my first 929 to start dabbling in revolver and it came with a bunch of Revolver Supply moon clips with the octagonal center hole. Do these work fine with the TKC loading tool's round mandrel or do I need to get a different loading tool to work with them? I've searched here and google but haven't found an answer to this question. 

17 minutes ago, regor said:

Pardon if this is a really stupid question, but I just bought my first 929 to start dabbling in revolver and it came with a bunch of Revolver Supply moon clips with the octagonal center hole. Do these work fine with the TKC loading tool's round mandrel or do I need to get a different loading tool to work with them? I've searched here and google but haven't found an answer to this question. 

Yes, the TK loaded will work. 

The BK loader is case sensitive.  Get Winchester cases and .35 moons from Revolver Supply Co.  Also get yourself a large number of moons.  I have enough loaded that I don't have to screw with them during a match.  I use boxes from the Walmart fishing department to keep the moons separated. 

12 hours ago, AzShooter said:

The BK loader is case sensitive.  Get Winchester cases and .35 moons from Revolver Supply Co.  Also get yourself a large number of moons.  I have enough loaded that I don't have to screw with them during a match.  I use boxes from the Walmart fishing department to keep the moons separated. 

This is what I did.

vWGs8Nf.jpg

Edited by RePete

• 3 weeks later...

I ended up buying the TKC loader from DAA since they had it for a good price when I was buying my new belt setup. 

To answer my original question in more detail in case someone else stumbles upon this in the future: yes, the TKC loader works with the Revolver supply octagonal center moonclips, but the mandrel in the center doesn't hold it at the right height so you need to manually position the moon when loading the first cartridge so it is high enough to align the moon with the extractor groove. After 1-2 cartridges are loaded they keep everything at the right height for loading the rest. 

Edited by regor

24 minutes ago, regor said:

I ended up buying the TKC loader from DAA since they had it for a good price when I was buying my new belt setup. 

To answer my original question in more detail in case someone else stumbles upon this in the future: yes, the TKC loader works with the Revolver supply octagonal center moonclips, but the mandrel in the center doesn't hold it at the right height so you need to manually position the moon when loading the first cartridge so it is high enough to align the moon with the extractor groove. After 1-2 cartridges are loaded they keep everything at the right height for loading the rest. 

I had a buddy make me a new mandrill for the center that aligns it perfectly. Perhaps something that you can make at home. 

19D1D2EF-59A6-45B3-894C-1A6298828D84.jpeg

I just picked up some TK 357 moon clips that had round center hole, their old version was an octagon cut out.  

Problem is the new round ones don't work well with my BMT!  They can be made to work with some manual manipulation.  But then they aren't near as tight as the HearthCo's and some older TK's, .035 I think.