Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Infinity Firearms Bianchi Dust Cover

Alex2011

Can anyone who has experience or knowledge with the Bianchi dust cover option in the Infinity Firearms Gun Builder explain the pros and cons of having a wider dust cover?

This link shows the options:

http://www.sviguns.com/gb2optshow.php?indx=5&name_indx=18

I would only order a bianchi dust cover if you plan to build a bianchi style pistol. Otherwise I would order a standard dust cover with your choice of mount and hole pattern.

To be honest I didn't really care much for the gunbuilder web app. Call Infinity and talk to someone

I'm only planning on shooting USPSA open. I talked to someone at Infinity when I was ordering my gun and they said it was up to me. They didn't mention anything about a Bianchi style pistol or a shroud.

Would a Bianchi frame perform worse in USPSA?

2 hours ago, Alex2011 said:

Thanks for the non helpful post @Silverscooby27. I'm not trying to buy my way into better scores I'm trying to get the best gun for my money. If you don't have anything constructive to add to the discussion don't post.

Then CALL Infinity and talk to them. Brandon has YEARS of experience building what they consider the very best 2011s. Coming on here isnt going to get you the perfect answer as everyone likes different things on their personal gun. And even then they change things from time to time. Have you shot any of the standard style open guns? Shorty, middy, full size? Tried guns with orb without popple holes, ti comps, sight tracker barrels, ect.... 

The current trend is a extra wide dust cover (made by cheely) with a cut back 5" slide and 2 port ti comp, steel grip, heavy magwell. The idea is you want weight that isnt moving, so lighten slide to the point it almost fails. But is that what will work for you? 

This may be out of topic but why would a comped gun need be heavy, if the comp works as intended or designed, the weight should not be the main concern in taming its recoil flip?

I have a heavy (to me) comped gun in .38super major. And another one much lighter in same caliber. They share the same ammo and pf but I prefer the lighter one to shoot and carry on my hips in long match days. The lighter gun shoots softer and less jarring due to it has a bit more muzzle flip than the heavy one w/ more recoil rearward than up. Been active in Open for 10 yrs now so Im not sensitive to their blast anymore. Im 60 so my elbows tells me which one is less jarring and easier to maneuver in cofs. Should this also hold true to young ones?
Just my opinion. 

3 hours ago, BoyGlock said:

This may be out of topic but why would a comped gun need be heavy, if the comp works as intended or designed, the weight should not be the main concern in taming its recoil flip?

I have a heavy (to me) comped gun in .38super major. And another one much lighter in same caliber. They share the same ammo and pf but I prefer the lighter one to shoot and carry on my hips in long match days. The lighter gun shoots softer and less jarring due to it has a bit more muzzle flip than the heavy one w/ more recoil rearward than up. Been active in Open for 10 yrs now so Im not sensitive to their blast anymore. Im 60 so my elbows tells me which one is less jarring and easier to maneuver in cofs. Should this also hold true to young ones?
Just my opinion. 

because current fashion

Some people are of the opinion that a heavy gun is better for recoil control.  Others prefer a lighter gun for better handling characteristics and rely on proper grip and technique for recoil control.

19 hours ago, Alex2011 said:

Here's a Bianchi and standard frame side by side. It looks like it adds a lot more weight than I realized.

Bianchi.jpg

Interesting, would you happen to have the weight difference? 

I didn't pay any attention to the frames when I ordered my infinity, until this thread, now going through all the infinity pictures on their instagram I see bianchi is by far the most popular (not that popularity alone carries much weight).