Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

bought a 45, what to do?

Fasthenk65

New sights, perhaps Tritium night sights, and the laser flashlight combo are great ideas. If after shooting many many rounds through it, you decide the stock trigger needs improvement, I’d highly recommend the Johnny Glock Combat trigger. I installed one in my carry gun and it was a great improvement. if this is your first Glock, I’d recommend having a gunsmith install it for you. Hope this helps. 

https://johnnyglocks.com/collections/trigger-kits/products/edc-trigger-kit?variant=12348875866154

If you're trying to be cheap, I just flipped the back sight so it was black on a couple of my glocks and that was good enough. I just put the Timney alpha on my 34 and it's pretty nice for 150 and all stock parts.

1 hour ago, dapribek said:

I’ve read nothing but good reviews on the Timney Glock triggers. Don’t think they’re available for the large frames yet.  

It’s not available for large frames, not sure what that has to do with this thread or why it’s even mentioned.

Weapon light and night sights is all it needs for that use. I like Ameriglo Bold sights.

2 hours ago, tt350z said:

It’s not available for large frames, not sure what that has to do with this thread or why it’s even mentioned.

I'm guessing he read thread title as bought a .45 instead of a 45 😉

Ahhh, com'n, Man! 

When my nephew first told me his Sheriff's office had adopted the Glock 45, I started running model numbers (21, 30, 37 - there's a theme here) in my head. I thought it was cool they had gone large bore, but he said no, they were 9s (?). 

That's how I learned there even was a G45 model. Must have skipped that email...

I used to work there and we'd speculate about what gun would finally be designated as "The GLOCK G45" model. I just always assumed it would be an actual .45 caliber (whether ACP, or 45GAP chambering). Good thing I didn't bet money on it. 

I haven't had a chance to handle one yet, but look forward to it. 

12 minutes ago, ima45dv8 said:

Ahhh, com'n, Man! 

When my nephew first told me his Sheriff's office had adopted the Glock 45, I started running model numbers (21, 30, 37 - there's a theme here) in my head. I thought it was cool they had gone large bore, but he said no, they were 9s (?). 

That's how I learned there even was a G45 model. Must have skipped that email...

I used to work there and we'd speculate about what gun would finally be designated as "The GLOCK G45" model. I just always assumed it would be an actual .45 caliber (whether ACP, or 45GAP chambering). Good thing I didn't bet money on it. 

I haven't had a chance to handle one yet, but look forward to it. 

Also the Glock 22 is a .40cal, the Glock 40 is a 10mm, and the Glock 44 is a .22lr 😁

Hello, the Glock 45 MOS is a nice pistol to shoot. I have a friend with one which I shot a little. Kinda the best of both worlds with a G19 slide length and a full grip for those of us with large hands. The one I shot was all stock so it does need sights at least. Thanks, Eric

5 hours ago, Intheshaw1 said:

I thought the numbers had to do with parents issued, which makes it all confusing as there is no order to the numbers.

The Glock 17 was supposedly Glock's 17th patent. After that all models were just sequentially numbered as they designed them.

4 hours ago, Ben53 said:

So what's the difference between the G45 and the G19X?

Not much, they're the same size. Biggest difference is bottom of grip, 45 has flared magwell while 19X has that dumb lip at bottom of front strap. 45 has front slide serrations. 19X comes with night sights, maritime spring cups, and lanyard loop. And 19X comes in that ugly color 😀

Sights for sure. I really like the TTI connectors, they are cheap and kinda clean up the trigger pull (its still a glock trigger, but just slightly less bad lol). HYVE extended mag releases are among the most underrated add ons in my opinion. I bought one on a whim for USPSA, now I have one for every Glock I own. Also OCC triggers has an enhanced trigger that cleans up the ergos of that saftey tab while maintaining a factory trigger shoe. I have a few of them. Theres options that allow you to adjust over travel and pre travel with an Allen wrench too. 

On 3/26/2021 at 1:15 PM, Aircooled6racer said:

Hello, the Glock 45 MOS is a nice pistol to shoot. I have a friend with one which I shot a little. Kinda the best of both worlds with a G19 slide length and a full grip for those of us with large hands. The one I shot was all stock so it does need sights at least. Thanks, Eric

Hello Eric,

So far sights are not liked by me. What is a good (best) replacement?

38 minutes ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Hello Eric,

So far sights are not liked by me. What is a good (best) replacement?

I see you're located in Holland.

Do you have access to any gun shops that might have guns with 'alternate' sights you could look at? Only you can tell your preference in terms of plain black front, fiber optic front, night sites (we don't know if this a game gun or a self-defence gun or ??), and the many other options for front and rear sights...

If you know or can learn what you want, ordering to you in Europe can be well-focused, saving and trouble and money.

Dawson has already been recommended (a good choice) but you'll have to learn who can and will export to you.

Happy hunting!

Hello, since you have a non MOS version you have lots of options. If you plan on using lots of different bullets weights I would get adjustable sights. If you plan on just using one type of ammo you could get non adjustable. Some to look at are Dawson, Heinie, TTI, Warren(Dawson) and Kensight. These are a good place to start. There maybe more available where you are for Glocks? Thanks, Eric

I'd agree with everyone else and say sights and a light and then shoot it a bunch.  I prefer a well broken in glock trigger to an aftermarket one.  I haven't tried the new Timney, but I've tried a lot of others.  On my carry guns I prefer tritium.  Either the 3 dot night sights you can get from the Glock store or the Heinie Straight 8s.  Fiber optic is nice, but they suck if your wml goes out and you have only ambient light.  I love my Glock 45.  The long grip and short slide have a low reciprocating mass and work great.