Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Smoke hand guard on my JP-15GMR

Today I got my JP back. Switched from the JP hand guard + cooling ribs to a Smoke Composites hand guard. Also installed a new comp. Lost weight lot's. Balance feels better, I can grip the rifle harder somehow due to Smoke's hand guard being smaller. Rifle was tested by one of the best PCC shooters in The Netherlands and he liked it so much he ordered a JP upper for his AR build.

Just wanted to share. All clubs still officially closed due to Covid, keep you posted.

6FD3A754-46D5-4F26-8543-345774E90835.JPG

Edited by Fasthenk65
18 hours ago, egd5 said:

I've got one on mine too. You're right on all counts, lighter front end and balances much better.

Tnx! Have a chance to shoot next week Sunday so in 10 days, will def report back!!!! Hope it works out fine. It def feels better already!

18 hours ago, LowSpeedHighDrag said:

I’m running a Taccom upper with a JP bolt on a GMR13.  Took lots of weight off the front end.  Also, my Taccom barrel seems less “tight” than my original JP barrel and needs less powder to get the same velocity.  Overall, a success.

🙂

next week sunday i can shoot it, let you know!

• 2 weeks later...

Have 500 bullets trough it now. Initially the JP feels a bit harder in recoil now with the same ammo. And maybe dot bounces just that little bit more...

But, dot comes right back. So I don't feel it is slower in shooting, anyway nothing I cannot solve with my grip.

As for transitions it's a world of difference. The 'handling' is much, much better / faster now. Really happy with this direction! See how it turns out in a real match (when we ever have one again in Europe...).

Regards, Henk