Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

While watching a group of friends together in a Zoom meeting, I suddenly realized that Zoom would be the perfect app for virtual firearms training, or VFT :) ...  For the last few months I have been working out the details: Complete details in brianenos.com.

Watch a sample virtual training session with Brian Enos and Matt Davis:

Liked it a lot. 
Think its much better than face to face training? Here we can go to the details piece by piece and the student could clearly see and understand whats going on w/ him precisely. 

The break down of the stage was awesome. Matt hot sauce Davis looked like he had good run but the closer examination really showed where time and points could be picked up. This was a great tutorial! Is there a place where anyone could submit a video for diagnosis where improvements can be made?  

"Think its much better than face to face training?"

I do. Say you took a day-class from a pro. The next day you'd have forgotten half of what you "learned." And after a week or so, you might remember one or two bits of instruction. With the recorded video, however, all that you learned is permanently yours.

"This was a great tutorial! Is there a place where anyone could submit a video for diagnosis where improvements can be made?  "

In that post:

Complete details in brianenos.com.

• benos pinned this topic

This is really good stuff. I really liked the comparison piece. The actual "see what you did here, this is what it should look like." It coming from Brian is also pretty epic as he's studied every aspect of the game to levels most of us would never understand. On top of the fact that he reached the highest levels of the game and, with TGO, revolutionized how future generations even thought about the game. 

And I do agree with what Benos said, having taken a few classes myself. You forget so much. And for me at least it was always intense - shooting 500-700 rounds in a day. Certainly education but much less breakdown on how you can improve. This video shows what Matt did, Benos addresses it, and then shows a stellar example of what "best" looks like. And it's recorded so you can go back to it. 

I don't have any video of me shooting these days but if I did I think I'd be signing up!

J

Great tutorial. I am more of a visual learner than a read and apply learner.  This is a great way to do that.  
Thank you Brian and I’m looking forward to seeing more of this type content. 

What a great way to learn.  It's one thing to have a great teacher show you what you are doing wrong, but it's another thing to see it step by step in a video that can last a lifetime.

On 4/3/2021 at 2:57 AM, stick said:

What a great way to learn.  It's one thing to have a great teacher show you what you are doing wrong, but it's another thing to see it step by step in a video that can last a lifetime.

I think that is key... that you can always refer back to it check your progress.

I think it's also VERY helpful to be able to rewind and repeat. Sometimes listening to an instructor you don't hear something right or don't fully understand the meaning. Being able to rewind and repeat gives a better understanding of what was said and how to apply it.