Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

92fs trigger weight modifications

Gobot

So I have a used 92fs ,that I have been tinkering with and have made many changes to get da/as pull weight down. I installed mcarbo pro spring kit, I have a 11 pound Langdon hammer spring , I have a ltt trigger bar. Currently I measure the pistols trigger pull weight at 5.11 in da and 2.5- 3 in sa. I have many cz's and just looking to get a trigger as nice as those any other suggestions or do I need a beretta 92x performance to get there. Was hoping to the da in the 4lb range and single just at 2 or below.

Thank you 

On 3/22/2021 at 5:04 PM, Gobot said:

Would a aluminum 92x  trigger help because of the angle?

Just makes it a longer reach. Which in my experience makes the trigger feel heavier.

I took the trigger out of my 92XP and replaced it with a Wilson Combat short reach trigger. Much better for my medium sized hands. 

There's a lower powered trigger return spring, might shave a minute amount off the pull weight. Also offers the benefit of being easier to assemble.

https://www.midwayusa.com/product/3415113198/

Not sure what else you could do and keep it reliable, maybe (if you have the know-how), work on hammer/sear engagement (SA), cut coils off the hammer spring, shoot it and let it work itself in. Spring values will probably lower with use. 

Also go through the gun and eliminate/smooth any friction points.

BTW 5.11 lbs DA and 2.5-3 lbs SA isn't bad at all.

I guess I am looking for a smooth trigger with take up and low pull weight , I picked up the match trigger and I am waiting for match hammer to be back in stock. I am liking where the trigger feel is going compared to where it started. 

• 8 months later...

I have written a comprehensive article on tuning the Beretta trigger. It can be viewed at:

http://www.pistolthoughts.com/berettatuning.php 

The beretta 92 is one of the most tunable handguns available. The SA trigger can be tuned to an exact preference, the SA take-up can also be tuned and with a Langdon Optimized Trigger bar, the reset is incredibly short.  The DA pull can be reduced to 6-7 pounds. This article also shows the primer indent between the 12# and 13# hammer spring.You can tune it yourself with a few parts form Langdon Tactical.