Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli mag extension options

Most of the popular ones Ive found are OOS with no backorder estimates.

Lancer - everything is OOS

Nordic - MXT nut is OOS everywhere

MOA Precision: clamp, followers, and tube OOS at time of writing

DMW - website looked to be down a few days ago, said they were catching up on orders..

So that leaves me with Briley or Taccom. Both of these offer a Carbon Fiber tube that is lighter weight, and price is with $10 of each other.

Any recommendations for one vs the other? Ive noticed a lot of guys talking about upgrading to the briley low drag follower (metal item), while taccom offers a delrin follower (havent seen any others who do this)

would love to hear some current feedback as older posts on the subject were mainly centered around when Nordic was the only decent game in town  or DMW.

No experience with the Taccom unit, but Tim makes good stuff, so I'm sure it's fine.

I've got Briley extensions on a couple of guns, but haven't really had the opportunity to really push them hard. That said, tons of local shooters have them (being in the Houston area means that I'm deep in Briley/Dissident Arms territory), and I've seen them put through some pretty gnarly conditions at some of the Texas major matches. Never seen any issues with function or durability.

update, got the taccom unit. Its a +6...and a few bits of feedback I can share:

The end piece is threaded and takes a cap or offers the ability to basically attach a second extension. very nice. Beautifully made product. I was going to just order a black extension, but now that I'm building out a 3 gun kit, I think I'm going to stick to this theme and do a natural carbon fiber handguard on my rifle to match. the weight savings/increased supposed durability should be worth it.

What made me choose against ordering the briley (ALMOST did it) was I went back to their site and saw a recall on extensions. Figured thats a good enough sign for me. Ive heard nothing but good things about Tim at Taccom and pulled the trigger. Jury is still out on his Delrin follower so I didnt buy that. I may order the nordic or briley low drag one regardless when I get the receiver loading port work done.

The +6 sticks out past the barrel end by about 3/4" - full inch (only thing I was picky about)...as the others I looked at all promised a flush/almost flush fit with their +6.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ypNFIbf.jpg[/img]

Construction/fit/finish is superb. Only thing I wasnt crazy about: I ordered the clamp to keep the tube aligned to the barrel. The fit on mine wasnt great. required 2 shims...instructions with it mention only needing to use the shims for competitor's tubes. Ended up taking it off. May call them about it next week.

Either I got an out of spec/defect or its that loose as as the clamping area circumference goes.. However...with the tube empty, it doesnt seem that it needs the clamp for support at all. I'll have to load it up to the full 9 round capacity and see if that still applies with it weighted down.

ypNFIbf.jpeg

Edited by AleksanderSuave

13 hours ago, AleksanderSuave said:

update, got the taccom unit. Its a +6...and a few bits of feedback I can share:

The end piece is threaded and takes a cap or offers the ability to basically attach a second extension. very nice. Beautifully made product. I was going to just order a black extension, but now that I'm building out a 3 gun kit, I think I'm going to stick to this theme and do a natural carbon fiber handguard on my rifle to match. the weight savings/increased supposed durability should be worth it.

What made me choose against ordering the briley (ALMOST did it) was I went back to their site and saw a recall on extensions. Figured thats a good enough sign for me. Ive heard nothing but good things about Tim at Taccom and pulled the trigger. Jury is still out on his Delrin follower so I didnt buy that. I may order the nordic or briley low drag one regardless when I get the receiver loading port work done.

The +6 sticks out past the barrel end by about 3/4" - full inch (only thing I was picky about)...as the others I looked at all promised a flush/almost flush fit with their +6.

[img]https://i.imgur.com/ypNFIbf.jpg[/img]

Construction/fit/finish is superb. Only thing I wasnt crazy about: I ordered the clamp to keep the tube aligned to the barrel. The fit on mine wasnt great. required 2 shims...instructions with it mention only needing to use the shims for competitor's tubes. Ended up taking it off. May call them about it next week.

Either I got an out of spec/defect or its that loose as as the clamping area circumference goes.. However...with the tube empty, it doesnt seem that it needs the clamp for support at all. I'll have to load it up to the full 9 round capacity and see if that still applies with it weighted down.

ypNFIbf.jpeg

Looks great! I've never ran the clamp on my tubes... even with my tubes that hold 12 total.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...