Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Full size vs midi open gun load data.

Darthrader18

New open gun will arrive next Friday. It's a true 5in barrel,(4.6 +.4 threads) binary eng 3 port com. I am switching up from my current open gun that has a 5.4in with binary 3 port comp. I'm loading 9.6 of no7 with a 124 fmj. I get roughly a 176pf. I'm curious how much I need to change my load for the new gun. I'll be using major pistol from shooters world. No popple holes in either. Both are 9 major. I know I need 9.8 of major pistol to get a similar load to what I have now. Curious to see what you all are using. For mid length open guns. 

all data will need to be verified in your gun, you will find more variation between 2 barrels than the same barrel 1/2" shorter, the other day I ran 1 load in 3 of my guns there was 100fps average difference between the fastest and slowest gun

On 3/21/2021 at 5:12 PM, Darthrader18 said:

New open gun will arrive next Friday. It's a true 5in barrel,(4.6 +.4 threads) binary eng 3 port com. I am switching up from my current open gun that has a 5.4in with binary 3 port comp. I'm loading 9.6 of no7 with a 124 fmj. I get roughly a 176pf. I'm curious how much I need to change my load for the new gun. I'll be using major pistol from shooters world. No popple holes in either. Both are 9 major. I know I need 9.8 of major pistol to get a similar load to what I have now. Curious to see what you all are using. For mid length open guns. 

You will not loose much velocity. maybe 2-3 PF if that.

Shoot your current load and see if you need to adjust.