Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

new 9mm ez shield

chetc

i purchased a new 9mm ez shield for my wife the other day, took it to the range today and had quite a few slide hang ups, did not try the other mag yet, but what it seems to be doing when i watch my wife shoot it, the slide almost stays back after the shot, seems to be a delay like for a second then i will close, and and also there are times when there are rounds in the mag the slide will go back and go into slide lock, have to pull the slide and it will close, going to try the other mag tomorrow, also if my wife was limp wristing, what would help to sort or remedy here a 115gr bullet or the 147gr

chet

I use mostly Remington 124 grain bullets in my EZ9 and have not had a jam yet, although I only have a few hundred rounds through it.  I would first change ammo, check the feed ramp for a burr and polish if needed.  If you shoot it without a good grip the manual safety may not be depressed during the next shot.  Something to look into.

I have 5 magazines for my EZ and they all work.

Even though mine is my carry gun I still use round nose bullets.  I haven't tested with hollow points yet and haven't been able to find any to test with.

22 minutes ago, AzShooter said:

I use mostly Remington 124 grain bullets in my EZ9 and have not had a jam yet, although I only have a few hundred rounds through it.  I would first change ammo, check the feed ramp for a burr and polish if needed.  If you shoot it without a good grip the manual safety may not be depressed during the next shot.  Something to look into.

I have 5 magazines for my EZ and they all work.

Even though mine is my carry gun I still use round nose bullets.  I haven't tested with hollow points yet and haven't been able to find any to test with.

hi AZshooter

i was just cleaning the gun, while i was at it i polished the ramp, going to try it tomorrow again, i might tape the grip safet just for testing tomorrow also to try and eliminate what is going on.

went back to the range and problem still existed, my wife fired the 3 rd shot and it happened same as yesterday, so then to day we took along the other magazine and the gun worked flawless, as i noticed what was happening the slide was locking back as if the gun was on it's last shot, yet a few rounds left in the mag, so now i am hoping S&W

will replace the mag or replace it.

chet