Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Durability of P-10 C/F Pistols?

Ohvall

I would like to hear from those who have put high round counts through the CZ P-10 pistols.  How well do they hold up to heavy use?  And when things do start to wear out and break, which parts are likely to need replacement?

The P-10 pistols are so Glockish that I would expect them to be very durable but it would be nice to see a testimonial or two for peace of mind. 

I have a P-10C that is my farm gun.  It’s  always on my hip, never gets cleaned and is constantly covered in mud, dirt and s#!t.   It’s been 100% reliable and I trust it completely. 

My only complaint is the chamber is incredibly short (worse than my Shadow 2).  So I have to load my rounds very short with it being the limiting factor as it’s the shortest chamber of all my 9mms.

On 3/20/2021 at 8:12 PM, Ohvall said:

I would like to hear from those who have put high round counts through the CZ P-10 pistols.  How well do they hold up to heavy use?  And when things do start to wear out and break, which parts are likely to need replacement?

The P-10 pistols are so Glockish that I would expect them to be very durable but it would be nice to see a testimonial or two for peace of mind. 

I bought a P-10F Optics Ready in November of 2019 and to date it's gone through 11,120 rounds without any parts breaking.  The few stoppages I've had have all happened during recoil spring tuning.  It's boringly reliably and decently accurate.

My P-09 and 75BD are more accurate, but nowhere near as tolerant of different bullet profiles as the P-10 is.

My daily carry gun is a P-10C Optics Ready.  It only has 346 rounds since I bought it in May of 2020, but I'm taking a one day pistol class in three weeks and I will use it exclusively.  I expect I'll put at least 500 rounds in a single day through it, and I expect it to work just fine.

At this point, the P-10F has been the absolute most reliable of any CZ I've ever had.

9 hours ago, SGT_Schultz said:

What does it need?

Just my wants. I like my sights and controls a specific way. I like to goof off w some guns. The p10f was a play gun and when I couldn't easily play with it, I sold it.

5 hours ago, rowdyb said:

Just my wants. I like my sights and controls a specific way. I like to goof off w some guns. The p10f was a play gun and when I couldn't easily play with it, I sold it.

Understood.  The more I shoot the more I think that, within reason, the gun doesn't matter as much as we think.

All I needed on mine to make it perfect was a flat trigger.

41 minutes ago, SGT_Schultz said:

Understood.  The more I shoot the more I think that, within reason, the gun doesn't matter as much as we think.

All I needed on mine to make it perfect was a flat trigger.

My P10C has the CZC adjustable sight set, the HBI trigger shoe, Talon grip tape, CZC slide release lever, CGW steel guide rod and appropriate recoil spring. So some fairly easy and standard modifications.

• 1 month later...