Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tanfoglio stock 2 R5 interruptor from patriot defense ...

camilo

and leave the rest stock? pretty sure it says right on the product page its not designed to be used that way so you would most likely have to do some minor fitting. I had to do some using the 1 piece sear and the upgraded hammer

18 hours ago, camilo said:

CAN I JUST INSTAL THE R5 INTERRUPTOR (droop in part) and let the other parts the same ?? thanks for the help

Just bought and installed the R5 in a Defiant Lim Pro with a Titan hammer and it dropped in perfectly with no adjustments needed. 

6 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Just bought and installed the R5 in a Defiant Lim Pro with a Titan hammer and it dropped in perfectly with no adjustments needed. 

If thats true you ought to buy a lottery ticket.

2 hours ago, rsn_tx said:

If thats true you ought to buy a lottery ticket.

It did!

To answer the various questions, I had previously fitted a Bolo to it and the sear was already trimmed so safety just slid in. 
Just really wasn’t completely happy with the original Bolo fit, so purchased the R5. 

This isn’t my first Tanfoglio or tune. I have 5 all of which have been polished and tuned up, 2 with the Bolo, one now with the R5, 2 small frame tuned but retained stock interupter and Limited with Henning flat trigger and no  interupter at all. 

It really is a very simple gun compared to the CZ (what my son shoots) to tune. Ya just have to take your time and make very small changes testing each mod before moving on.  

I also find a machining variances between each gun, especially the hammer spring pockets. The depths vary from gun to gun. 

I have to add if the gun already has the one piece sear and Titan hammer it is highly likely the R5 will drop right in and function.  The only question would be, as pointed out, will the safety rotate into locked position?  Won’t know unless it’s tried and then it really is an easy fix if it doesn’t. 

My only advice to the OP is this, if you don’t think you have the mechanical skill to work on the gun then send it to Patriot Defense and have them do the work. They are great people.

Edited by HesedTech

i have the small frame stock 2 have the stock hammer and sear I have the extreme one piece sear (not instal yet)

do you think I should try  to put the r5 and see if the tiger works?? or have to buy the titan hammer

8 hours ago, camilo said:

i have the small frame stock 2 have the stock hammer and sear I have the extreme one piece sear (not instal yet)

do you think I should try  to put the r5 and see if the tiger works?? or have to buy the titan hammer

Are you sure it’s a small frame? They are a bit rare in the USA.

I have never tried to install the Titan on my small frame Tanfoglios, because I didn’t think the result was worth the effort and money.   But if you don’t mind spending the money and like to experiment it might work.

Personally I would invest my time polishing and tuning up the gun per Memphis Mechanic’s video instructions first.  Get the gun down to a super smooth DA and SA pull which will fire all your ammo. Then if you still want to shorten the SA trigger take up and reset get the parts. It’s only time and money and if they don’t work you can go back to the original parts. 

You need the skills, patience and tools to make the install go well. If you’re not sure find someone who will make the changes for you or send it to PD.  

13 hours ago, HesedTech said:

Are you sure it’s a small frame? They are a bit rare in the USA.

I have never tried to install the Titan on my small frame Tanfoglios, because I didn’t think the result was worth the effort and money.   But if you don’t mind spending the money and like to experiment it might work.

Personally I would invest my time polishing and tuning up the gun per Memphis Mechanic’s video instructions first.  Get the gun down to a super smooth DA and SA pull which will fire all your ammo. Then if you still want to shorten the SA trigger take up and reset get the parts. It’s only time and money and if they don’t work you can go back to the original parts. 

You need the skills, patience and tools to make the install go well. If you’re not sure find someone who will make the changes for you or send it to PD.  

good videos thanks how. much you polish

1 hour ago, camilo said:

good videos thanks how. much you polish

For hours. Until everything I highlighted in the videos as a polishing spot looks like wet chrome.

Most of us actually do 2 or 3 rounds of polishing before we’re really happy: each time you tear it down and look for spots where metal is rubbing metal that can be cleaned up.

On 3/21/2021 at 5:30 AM, MemphisMechanic said:

For hours. Until everything I highlighted in the videos as a polishing spot looks like wet chrome.

Most of us actually do 2 or 3 rounds of polishing before we’re really happy: each time you tear it down and look for spots where metal is rubbing metal that can be cleaned up.

Im a huge fan of the videos I had no idea what the hell i was doing but following them i barely messed it up ❤️

21 hours ago, Polpewpew said:

Im a huge fan of the videos I had no idea what the hell i was doing but following them i barely messed it up ❤️

Hey! I think that’s the highest praise I can get, when it comes to how well I produced that series... thanks. :D 

(I won’t ask which parts you “barely” destroyed.)

Edited by MemphisMechanic

On 3/23/2021 at 3:42 PM, MemphisMechanic said:

Hey! I think that’s the highest praise I can get, when it comes to how well I produced that series... thanks. :D 

(I won’t ask which parts you “barely” destroyed.)

Just a couple of roll pins hahah i posted about it in it's own topic, your help would be amazing tbh

• 2 weeks later...

so i instal the r5 interruptor an the one piece sear (Xtreme) it fells great,in double and single action ,, but when I put the slide on  and rack it the hammer went back and the trigger went block don't let me fire .. I take of the slide and push dow the sera cage and it works again . but when I put the slide it blocks again ?   I just ask for the titan hammer ....

1 hour ago, waktasz said:

Very common. Trigger isn't coming forward enough to pick up the wing in single action. You have to remove material from the back of the disco

sorry tell me more detail what disco ? when y put the titan hammer  this will disappear ?

11 hours ago, camilo said:

sorry tell me more detail what disco ? when y put the titan hammer  this will disappear ?

https://benstoegerproshop.com/tanfoglio-eaa-ifg-optimized-bolo-interrupter-by-patriot-defense/

The poster just used the CZ reference to the same thing. 

Will it disappear? Maybe, maybe not. More than likely not. This is the fitting process because each Tanfoglio is unique.

Edited by HesedTech

• 2 weeks later...