Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tech well G10 positec grip

Cowguy

They fill your hands much more than standard 1911 grips. I really like the texture and thumb relief. If you don't have a magwell yet, suggest looking at the techwell versions since they fit into a pocket on the back of the grip panels. Very good system.

I have Positec on both of my 1911s and really like them. They are wide at the bottom and narrow at the top and really have some good ergonomics. 

The wide bottom and flat rear gives you a lot of abutment for recoil control, while the narrow top gives you easy trigger amd mag release reach.

I didn't really like my 1911s all that much before these grips because the normal rounded plain grips just don't fit my hands at all. The grip shape of the Positecs put the gun exactly where it should be for me, and the texture is perfect. Rough but not too sharp.

Some things about the grips to consider as well: They come with slim bushings and grips screws for the top screw holes. You use regular bushings for the bottom holes. The grips have cavities allowing you to add epoxy and lead shot (or whatever you want) to bring the gun up to weight. The shot and epoxy is not included. The grips have cutouts for the Techwell but work fine with any normal magwell.

Speaking of the Techwell, it's OK but not perfect. I like them because the Dawson Ice is too wide for me. But, they might not fit tightly to your Techwear grips so you might have to add some JB weld or some other filler to make them fit snugly. I have used the IPSC small and large (XT? I forget) techwells and like the big one better. I don't think they sell non-IPSC magwells anymore but I might be wrong. They do get chewed up but it doesn't seem to affect function.

There is also a 2011 grip which makes the gun SS legal, but I forget who makes it. One of the .22lr conversion makers I believe. If you love your 2011s that is an option. It is aluminum and takes 1911 mags.

14 hours ago, Twinkie said:

There is also a 2011 grip which makes the gun SS legal, but I forget who makes it. One of the .22lr conversion makers I believe. If you love your 2011s that is an option. It is aluminum and takes 1911 mags.

Are you talking about this one?

https://www.cwaccessories.com/product-page/cwa-wide-body-single-stack-grip

3 hours ago, SSGJohnV said:

I don't believe he is making those grips any longer. Last I checked, anyhow.

I had sent an email to him ohh about a year ago and never heard back. Then found the positechs and am quite happy with them. Although now with the weight increase I wish I'd had ordered the weight adding kit.