Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Range etiquette rambling with some tips and tricks for an enjoyable match. Feel free to add on the thread anything you have seen and may 2021 be a good year for you all on and off the range!

Doge

There is a seemingly endless list of specific "Tips" that can be given in order to promote desired behavior while attending matches. All of those individual tips usually boil down to being mentally engaged while attending a match. If you pay attention to what is going on and are mentally engaged in the process then 99% of these "Tips" are common sense. If you are mentally disengaged and simply standing around waiting for your turn to shoot, then you are likely going to be "That Guy" who gets criticized for not doing whatever should be done in the given moment.

If you attend a match with a mindset of "I am here to have fun, pay attention to what is going on and help be a part of the process" then you will likely not have any issues at all.

1 hour ago, CHA-LEE said:

There is a seemingly endless list of specific "Tips" that can be given in order to promote desired behavior while attending matches. All of those individual tips usually boil down to being mentally engaged while attending a match. If you pay attention to what is going on and are mentally engaged in the process then 99% of these "Tips" are common sense. If you are mentally disengaged and simply standing around waiting for your turn to shoot, then you are likely going to be "That Guy" who gets criticized for not doing whatever should be done in the given moment.

If you attend a match with a mindset of "I am here to have fun, pay attention to what is going on and help be a part of the process" then you will likely not have any issues at all.

Good advice for going through life.  Period.

On 3/18/2021 at 3:47 PM, CHA-LEE said:

So, so true.  

The 4-5 USPSA matches I've been to had, for the most part, everyone helping out.