Cherokeewind

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sadly, no.

I'm not set up, equipment wise, to compete with revolvers.  Maybe you could tell me what I might need to enter as a first timer..........

However, I would very much like to go and try to learn from the guys that do compete.

Are you planning to be there?

Edited by Cherokeewind
added info.

I will be there and my suggestion would be to go the ICORE page look up the different divisions and pick one that you have the revolver for and then practice. My first question is what do you have as far as holster and moon clip holders 

Actually, nothing that would be suitable for revolver games.......

some very old police duty stuff, holster and speed loader holders that can be (and were at one time) used to hold loaded .45 ACP moons.

PM sent.

Edited by Cherokeewind
added info.

1 hour ago, Cherokeewind said:

Actually, nothing that would be suitable for revolver games.......

some very old police duty stuff, holster and speed loader holders that can be (and were at one time) used to hold loaded .45 ACP moons.

PM sent.

Well the IRC is in Louisiana this year, might even get to see Jerry Miculek there!

The 45 acp with Iron Sights is good for Limited 6, very popular division, and the Power Factor is 120 for 1 of 8 shots.  I used a 185 Coated RN, IBEJ, at 700 f/s for 129 PF, plenty of cushion for sure.

Holster needs to cover the trigger guard and if it has a strap, not recommended for competition, it must be used.  But Blade Tech or SpeedBeez make very good holsters with low cost.  Moon Clip holders can be had pretty cheap, North Mountain is popular but a tad expensive or there are some that clip onto the belt for individual clips, when added up you need a minimum 5 or 6 the cost is close to a North Mountain though.

With Time Plus scoring accuracy is more important than speed, and a lot of us older types compete quite handily.

And you'll not meet a better group of people.