Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

DAA Mag Holders- Pouches or Magnets?

Ontarget

MagnetsTechWellUSA also sells one that will hold a long PCC magazine.

Personally I feel they are faster as you don't have to pull the mag upward to clear the holder.  Just hit it with your hand, grasp it on the way by and it pivots off the magnet.

But it does take practice......

BC

Hello, I would also look at the Safariland 773's or 771's. The are very good and just work well. The magnet carries are ok but they tend to weight more and cost more. Since you will need at least 5 but most likely 6 that gets expensive. I have the DAA single stack mag holders as well as the Safariland 773's and they both work as well as one another. The other thing I have done with a magnet is have it catch on a metal wall as I was leaning around it. Nothing like trying to drag a wall with you and it trying to rip your belt setup off. Thanks, Eric

15 hours ago, Aircooled6racer said:

Nothing like trying to drag a wall with you and it trying to rip your belt setup off. Thanks, Eric

Yes, at times they can provide quite the entertainment value..... lol.

BC

I have 8 mag pouches on my single stack rig.   I use the reloading rule "If your feet move reload".   Uncle Mike's, I got them on sale.  The Barney Mag goes in the last one toward the back. Pony up with 9.

Way more important than the mag holder is the mag, lots of different ones, Tripp is the best of the bunch with the aluminum base pads.  You can drop a 2011 mag in the dirt a couple times and it still works, single stack mags have to be cleaned every time. 

My gun hates round nose, loves Semi Wad Cutters, 200 gr over 4.3 gr of Clays.