Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

CZ adding a Popple or two

Squirrel45

Couple of questions on adding popple holes to my Czechmate, have any of you done this and did you think it was something you can actually feel? I was thinking this maybe beneficial with the loads I am using #7 / SWM / 3n38.

thanks 

Squirrel 

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

kitestir, 

Did you do the drilling yourself?  I have a friend that was an engineer for 3M and has a number of milling machines is this something that a person of reasonable skills could accomplish? 

thanks 

Squirrel 

5 hours ago, Squirrel45 said:

aanda, 

Did you drills these straight or some angle to them? 

thanks for the help 

Squirrel 

One closest to the glass got angled.  Second was straight up.  10 degrees if I remember correctly.

Not on a CZ but I did my own on a small bench mill and it works / turned out great.  I used a ball mill for the ports to avoid a burr in the barrel. Biggest worry is being shire your slot is far enough rearward in the slide to insure you won’t later develop a crack in the slide.  You also have the option of a hole in the leading edge of the comp and in the slide..  

pic of slide / popples as well as how the gas angles forward with a port slightly angled

0B588470-4DBA-4C7A-AAA4-A9FB5B85C06C.jpeg

543F50D8-BD2C-4249-8A17-398B6BB99547.jpeg

Edited by NoSteel

On 5/12/2021 at 8:17 PM, Squirrel45 said:

kitestir, 

Did you do the drilling yourself?  I have a friend that was an engineer for 3M and has a number of milling machines is this something that a person of reasonable skills could accomplish? 

thanks 

Squirrel 

I had it done, but I am sure if your friend is proficient with their mill is is easy enough to do.  Mine were angled 10 degrees back. 

1 hour ago, Squirrel45 said:

thanks for the reply Kite, I wish I had a gunsmith that was around me that was capable of this, so far iv had very poor luck on that front. 

Where are you located?