Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Same PCC and AR15 trigger

I am building a PCC and an AR 15 and I am looking to try and have the same trigger in both, well a PCC version and a regular version of the same one anyway, so I only have to get used to one trigger. I am looking for a very clean crisp break and reset but it doesn’t have to be the lightest pull. I just want the same feeling for both.

‘Thanks.

By far my favorite AR15 trigger is the Timney Calvin Elite. I heard it was failing in AR9s so like you I went for a similar feel since I couldn't use the same trigger in both. As close as I could get was the Hiperfire Eclipse. The break,travel, and reset force was close enough that I  could run them equally well. 

On 3/12/2021 at 7:05 PM, jualdeaux said:

I am building a PCC and an AR 15 and I am looking to try and have the same trigger in both, well a PCC version and a regular version of the same one anyway, so I only have to get used to one trigger. I am looking for a very clean crisp break and reset but it doesn’t have to be the lightest pull. I just want the same feeling for both.

‘Thanks.

I use JP triggers in everything from my PCC, to small frame 223 / 300 BLK rifles to large frame 308, 6.5 CM and 6 CM. One trigger, works in every rifle, every time. 

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 6:27 PM, cooper_999 said:

...and just to add another option - I´m running CMC flats in all my ARs - the 2.5lbs straight in the 223s AR15 and the dedicated 3.5lbs straight PCC trigger in the AR9

I’ve been looking at these. I was thinking the 3.5 flats for both. Have you had any problems with them? How is the reliability?

I have a Hiperfire 24c in a PCC I got a few years ago. It is nice. I just don’t want to spend that kind of money right now.

I was looking at the Hiperfire PDI that was released last year. They are sort of a drop in which is kind of nice. They are also less expensive than the 24c or ECL. Does anyone have any experience with those?

Thanks.

10 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

I was looking at the Hiperfire PDI that was released last year. They are sort of a drop in which is kind of nice. They are also less expensive than the 24c or ECL. Does anyone have any experience with those?

It's not quite as nice as the 24c. Break, reset, pre travel, any way you want to compare it's just not as good. But that's just when you're being snobby in the dry fire dojo, once you use it live fire on the clock it feels a lot closer to being a 24c.

19 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

I’ve been looking at these. I was thinking the 3.5 flats for both. Have you had any problems with them? How is the reliability?

No issues so far. You can go with the 2.5 for 223 and the 3.5 dedicated for PCC. The difference in pull weight is negligible as you won’t notice it under match stress but it’s nice anyway to have a pound less for the 223. More important is the constant grip/trigger feeling from rifle to rifle. 

• 2 weeks later...

I really like the hyperfire trigger but did get a cmc here off the forums and have been impressed for a lower cost option. I also agree with the dry fire dojo comment - in a match you might not tell the difference. I tried a stock 15-22 trigger in a couple steel matches and don't think I could tell it had a 6lb pull when running it fast