Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Lissner Ramp Frame Milling?

Michael303

Is anyone familiar with the specs and milling the Lissner ramp cut into a frame?  Most of it looks pretty straight forward but I'm particularly interested in how the radius is done.  Maybe my Google-fu is lacking but I haven't found much info or even pictures.  

Any feedback is appreciated.

Thanks for the feedback.  Doing the radius by hand seems inelegant compared to milling but I can't think of any other way that wouldn't require a cnc or wider cut to mill the radius.

It makes sense that the radius isn't a contact surface but are the horizontal and vertical surfaces adjacent to it contact/impact surfaces or is there supposed to be some clearance?

On 3/12/2021 at 11:51 PM, Michael303 said:

Thanks for the feedback.  Doing the radius by hand seems inelegant compared to milling but I can't think of any other way that wouldn't require a cnc or wider cut to mill the radius.

It makes sense that the radius isn't a contact surface but are the horizontal and vertical surfaces adjacent to it contact/impact surfaces or is there supposed to be some clearance?

The radius shouldnt be a contact point. 

9 hours ago, Michael303 said:

Thanks.  How about the horizontal and vertical surfaces that touch the radius?

yes the vertical and horizontal surfaces are contact, just like on any Para/Clark Ramped barrel, Listener just added a radius to the corner between them to stop cracking, not that with a Clark para ramp cracking is much of a issue, it may have been at 175 PF with guys running supers at 185+pf but I have not seen or heard of that failure in my 10 years in the game. only cracked barrel lugs I have seen were on blown up guns