Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Classifier at local matches not used?

Shootingaggie

12 minutes ago, Rnlinebacker said:

Very likely match director is not submitting them. $1.50 of your match fee is for the classifier. Tell them stop messing with your money lol

Indeed. Bring it up as a group with the MD. 

Are you entering your all of your information into Practiscore correctly? USPSA number, your full name? I have a good number of people who enter their numbers incorrectly every month or register with some nickname. Your registration needs to match what USPSA has listed for you.

35 minutes ago, PatJones said:

Are you entering your all of your information into Practiscore correctly? USPSA number, your full name? I have a good number of people who enter their numbers incorrectly every month or register with some nickname. Your registration needs to match what USPSA has listed for you.

If name and number don't match, the USPSA upload process requires manual verification. Yes, Dave X and James X are the same person for A12345. Joined USPSA as James X, but normally goes by Dave X.

1 hour ago, PatJones said:

Yes, when we do multiple classifier matches, those get entered. I’m assuming they aren’t entering them? They made a comment last week about paper targets costing too much, so who knows. 

5 minutes ago, Shootingaggie said:

Yes, when we do multiple classifier matches, those get entered. I’m assuming they aren’t entering them? They made a comment last week about paper targets costing too much, so who knows. 

How much are entry fees, and how many people normally show up?

4 hours ago, Shootingaggie said:

At our local matches there is usually one classifier. It is very seldom, if ever shown on my USPSA page in classification.

Is that normal? Is something off one way or the other?

go here https://uspsa.org/match-results-search and choose "View Results by Club"

If the c;lub results are shown but your results are not, your info is likely problematic. If the club results are not shown, then they may be saving money for targets. 😉 

14 minutes ago, ChuckS said:

go here https://uspsa.org/match-results-search and choose "View Results by Club"

If the c;lub results are shown but your results are not, your info is likely problematic. If the club results are not shown, then they may be saving money for targets. 😉 

Thank you for that link! Got my answer. Y’all are a ton of help. 

is it advertised as a USPSA match? if so are the guys running it new to running USPSA matches? was anyone that's currently running it familiar with the old ez-winscore system when they started using practiscore?

I ask because it would not be hard for someone to step in with practiscore scoring and uploading and not understand that there is a bunch of other monky motion required to download a file from the practiscore results page  and upload it to USPSA in order to get classifiers counted and fees payed. There is no training camp you go to to learn all the stuff you need to know to make matches happen. So you may want to be very nice when you bring this up to the MD he may not know any better. 

Now if you bring it up and he tells you to pound sand I'm not sending them any money, report the club to USPSA as they are in violation of their agreement or are non affiliated and just using the USPSA name.

3 hours ago, MikeBurgess said:

Now if you bring it up and he tells you to pound sand I'm not sending them any money, report the club to USPSA as they are in violation of their agreement or are non affiliated and just using the USPSA name.

They came up when I looked up clubs for matches that have been reported. Apparently they are only reporting the matches with 4 classifiers. Matches with 4 field courses and one classifiers are not being reported/scored

3 minutes ago, Shootingaggie said:

Just to confirm with everybody else, this isn’t the norm?

Some of the clubs i shoot are super fast at getting them uploaded and paid for, others take a little longer sometimes.  But they all do eventually get posted.  So, lag time can be normal, never getting posted, not so much

• 2 weeks later...

Consider this. USPSA cut out one of the top people that bring new shooters into USPSA and SCSA because of that $1.50. So this may not be the best place to air this type of concern unless you dont mind becoming the person who now is the one running that match every month. 

11 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Consider this. USPSA cut out one of the top people that bring new shooters into USPSA and SCSA because of that $1.50. So this may not be the best place to air this type of concern unless you dont mind becoming the person who now is the one running that match every month. 

I would love to know more about what you are talking about. But do appreciate the concern/advice. I just don’t know a better source than these forums to learn the ins and outs of how all this works. 

Edited by Shootingaggie