Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S2 DA pull reduction

Bayou

I've been reading and watching vids on reducing the DA pull on the S2 for carry optics and was wondering what I can expect in reducing the pull weight, realistically. I've handled the S2 in a shop a couple of times and it feels great but I have a G34.5 sitting here that I planned on using. I don't care to not use the G34 and go another route but I've got a 17 that I used in steel shoots last year and it doesn't do anything for me. Hate to go down the road and sink money into the 34 and be in the same place. The S2 price isn't bad but it's another $300 in upgrades, as far as reach reduction and such (pro package). I want to keep using the same cci primers/winchesters and not have to use feds also. I know the DA pull is a training issue but good lord, the stock pull length and pull weight are horrible. The stock G34 trigger pull is 5.5 which I would change if I went that route, if I could get that with the S2 I would go that route but it seems that would be a stretch from what I see and read. What are everyone's experience with changing springs etc.? 

I think it’s realistic to get close to 5.5lbs on the DA pull.  I have one that I shoot for Production that is sub 6lbs and just tad over 2 on single action.  I run Winchester, CCI and Extreme primers with no issue.  All Cajun Gun Works parts and all internals polished. I started with a G34 in USPSA Production then switched to the Shadow 2 and never looked back.

Cut four coils off the factory hammer spring and you will have about 5.5# double action and about 2# single action. Swap out the firing pin return spring with a reduced power one and you will ignite all primers. 

In my CZ BS I use an 8.5# hammer spring with ext. FP and lightened rebound spring (CZC).  It will fire Blazer 124 gr. FMJ factory loads and gives me a sub 5# DA.  You should get similar results with an S2.  If 8.5# is too low use the Cajun 11# hammer spring.  I have a SP-01 set up the same 8.5# hammer spring but using the Cajun ext. FP and light spring, also no problem with Blazer factory ammo.  I would assume Blazer is using CCI primers.