Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Grab'n Go Range Bag

I ended car pooling with some shooting guys to a club that was pretty far away. When I left the house I planned on driving. Upon arriving at my friends place he insisted on driving. It wasn't until I got to the club that I left some kinda important items in the truck. 

Ear pro, luckily I grabbed but usually its in my center console so I can remember to charge them. 

Glasses, I where my Oakleys usually so I don't think about it. It was dark from leaving so early so I never put them on, thus leaving them in the truck. My buddy had some, what appeared to be, children's glasses. My only 100% classifier was wearing those puppies. 

Jacket, It was ~35* that morning, go figure I left my jacket in the truck. Those Techwear jerseys aren't designed to insulate.

Moral of the story, have a good bag, pack your stuff, have redundancy on some gear. 

I will get my gear together the night before. Everything is by the front door except maybe my gun. I will double check again in the morning and load my truck. But usually before I get to far I will stop and compulsively check everything one more time. I always have to check a couple of times before I leave that i haven't left the kitchen faucet running and that I locked the door.

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/8/2021 at 9:58 PM, MHicks said:

I will get my gear together the night before. Everything is by the front door except maybe my gun. I will double check again in the morning and load my truck. But usually before I get to far I will stop and compulsively check everything one more time. I always have to check a couple of times before I leave that i haven't left the kitchen faucet running and that I locked the door.

I  used to do just that , so I had time to  recheck what I packed. since moving to a different home,, the guns are now stored in the hvac/water heater  room becaus e our state demands we have  guns and ammo locked up. I found out that my oiled  guns dried out by  the AM. Now , I pack early in the AM of shooting days . double checking everything and sometimes I end up leaving the  extra mags home.

my main concern is leaving the required range Ids  home--the ranges vary from 10-39 miles  from home. Time to pack those the night before  with eye and ear pro I think