Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Bull Shadow for Production

rootacres

I am considering trying to track one of these down this year. I need a change of pace and switching to a new platform would be fun to learn. Theres something about the original 75 platform that is appealing to me. Am I really missing out by possibly going this route over the Shadow 2? I had a Tanfo Stock 2 and had a great time ripping that pistol. I just figured the Shadow 2 would be real similar to that. 

4 hours ago, Nathanb said:

The stock 2 and shadow 2 are not that similar tbh. I own both I shoot the shadow 2 better

I haven't had the opportunity to shoot the Shadow 2. Whats different about the Shadow 2 that makes you prefer it? Thanks in advance. 

Grip is different and fits me better. It’s a bit more nose heavy. Not nearly as picky or finicky. My tanfo took a bunch of work to get right. I could have shot the cz out of the box. I think it reloads a bit easier. 

i shot it back to back on an actual stage and I was consistently more accurate And faster and that was really the deciding factor for me

On 3/7/2021 at 2:44 PM, Nathanb said:

Grip is different and fits me better. It’s a bit more nose heavy. Not nearly as picky or finicky. My tanfo took a bunch of work to get right. I could have shot the cz out of the box. I think it reloads a bit easier. 

i shot it back to back on an actual stage and I was consistently more accurate And faster and that was really the deciding factor for me

Thanks, do you reload? What primers do you run if so? With my Tanfo it did take some work to get it to reliably set off federal primers. That is without having to bump the hammer spring up. I used a 12lb patriot defense if my memory serves me right. 

2 hours ago, rootacres said:

Thanks, do you reload? What primers do you run if so? With my Tanfo it did take some work to get it to reliably set off federal primers. That is without having to bump the hammer spring up. I used a 12lb patriot defense if my memory serves me right. 

I do and ran federal for matches and Winchester for practice rounds. I ended up running a 13 I think for my hammer spring. 

btw. If you’re looking and serious on the bull shadow I actually saw one at a shop this weekend. I don’t know if the price was right or even what it was but it was in the wild 

1 hour ago, Nathanb said:

I do and ran federal for matches and Winchester for practice rounds. I ended up running a 13 I think for my hammer spring. 

btw. If you’re looking and serious on the bull shadow I actually saw one at a shop this weekend. I don’t know if the price was right or even what it was but it was in the wild 

Good to know, thank you. My Tanfo was pretty slick by the time I was done with it but it was a little finicky. The classic CZ 75 frame just seemed to fit my hand well and in a world where heavier is better. I think an intermediate weight pistol would be good for transitions. The trigger on my tanfo was far superior to my Glocks but I felt the transitions were quicker with the Glock. 

52 minutes ago, Posvar said:

13 pound hammer spring is what I have in my A01 gun. 

Thank you, I will have to check this out. 

On 3/8/2021 at 3:02 PM, WildPete said:

I just picked up a Bull Shadow. I love the way it feels in my hands. I'm not sure how I feel about the front and backstrap being smooth. I haven't fired it yet so we'll see. 

I applied grip tape front and back with Henning grips, it’s great.

7 hours ago, JJM7288 said:

I applied grip tape front and back with Henning grips, it’s great.

I put 95 rounds down range with the Bull Shadow today. I think I like it, a lot! The front and back strap not having any checking didn't bother me at all. Maybe some grips like Hennings would be a nice addition. I'm going to have to shoot the Bull Shadow side by side against my A01-LD. The feel of the Bull Shadow compared to my A01 may be better suited to me. The Bull Shadow was going to be my back up in carry optics but it may be my primary. I have 6210 rounds with the A01-LD and shooting the Bull Shadow just felt right and I only did 95 rounds😬.

1 hour ago, Tunachaser said:

I like the Armanov grips and I use an 8.5# hammer spring with extended FP and light rebound spring.  I hand load with Federal primers BUT it will still fire factory Blazer (CCI) ammo.

Whats your DA and SA pull weights look like going that low?

My tanfo was ~6.5# DA and just over 2# SA. . Not sure I really need anything lower than that.