Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Gold Custom Compensator Question

FF112173

Excuse my ignorance but I have a question. I got a great deal on a Gold Custom V8 from a member here. I shot it today and it was awesome. I took it apart to give it a good cleaning and the comp was able to be unscrewed very easily. Is this normal? I’m used to 2011’s where the comp doesn’t unthread so easily. Thanks in advance. 

On 3/6/2021 at 4:44 PM, FF112173 said:

Excuse my ignorance but I have a question. I got a great deal on a Gold Custom V8 from a member here. I shot it today and it was awesome. I took it apart to give it a good cleaning and the comp was able to be unscrewed very easily. Is this normal? I’m used to 2011’s where the comp doesn’t unthread so easily. Thanks in advance. 

they come lock tighted tot he barrel but one of the nice things about the tanfo design is that it cant rotate when its installed so its not a big deal when the lock tight fails. that said I would glue it back on I like the green 609 press fit assist is better for wider clearances and cylindrical fits (like the non threaded portion of a cone comp)