Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ibejiheads Bullets

bisonshooter

Has anyone received any orders from Ibejiheads Bullets recently?  I placed an order in early November that was upgraded to "processing" in early December, but I have not received

the shipment or any status update since.  I have sent several e-mails with no response.  I am questioning whether they are still in business.  I have until May to dispute the transaction with PayPal, but would rather receive the order.

I haven't received any orders since the summer, but I did just put another order in.

They did have an announcement up that the current events have put them behind, but it seems that yours may be further than we should expect. 

They are out of NJ, and had to cut hours to comply with COVID restrictions. I doubt that helped any, and I don't know if/when those restrictions were lifted.

https://www.ibejiheads.com/index.php?page_id=13

Unfortunately they got hammered by covid restrictions(reduced staff and hours), and now the unprecedented demand for any reloading supplies. Lately their response to emails has been 1-2 weeks. I doubt they are out of business. They were sponsors in many of the Area matches. Alex, the owner, is a very responsible person, and I've shot several local matches with him. But the last time I emailed him, he did say they were getting slammed.

"Good Morning Jason,

Hope you are doing well. Oh no, don’t be sorry. I was expecting a backlash from the lack of communication. I don’t suppose you tell your customers this  but I feel that you are a sensible man and you would understand. 

We lost 2 key people at a time when we have massive orders coming in. Our senior and most trusted guy left for Houston to be with his family and the other got the virus and decided to stay at home indefinitely. We had to regroup and look for good workers - immediately. Took a while but we found our new team. Alex, our team captain, happens to be an essential worker as he is a Field Service Engineer for Abbott Laboratories (the man has a day job) he is in hospitals everyday so I ended up with the responsibility of being the new “tail twister.” As the orders continued to pour,  I made a conscious decision of focusing on more production so I spent my time training the guys well and keeping a close eye on them instead of answering emails as I figured it would be a bigger problem if we did not have anything to give to customers. May be a bad decision for some but that is what happened. Now that my guys are independent and production is on point, I can do damage control. As you can see I am answering emails at 3:30am, which is insane, if you ask me.

I want to thank you personally for listening and one again, I apologize for not communicating on time.  Stay Safe.

Best regards,

Jivette Salazar"

This was back in October 2020, ibejiheads completed my order (it did take awhile, covid crap), thou coms was a little lacking, id order from them again.

I haven't put an order in since last summer... they got crushed with orders and covid and their suppliers too for coatings.

My last order they just switched colors and sent them to me without giving me a chance to alter my order.

I don't know anything about the company in this discussion so i'm not throwing rocks at them.

OK I have orders for case quantities from another company since early November. Nothing has moved, no communications. It would be one thing if I hadn't already paid for this material but I have paid in full. While I have been using this company for years, I'm unhappy at the treatment I have been getting (actually not getting). 

My experience in manufacturing has taught me a few things. One of those is treat a customer good for years then suddenly start to take them for granted is not a good business tactic. If for some reason you cannot perform, the only solution is to be honest and communicate. Only someone that is in a coma is unaware that there are challenges in business today so repeating the mantra of "unprecedented demand of historic proportions" is basically telling the customer that they are stupid and clueless. Telling customers what they as a company have done in the past means nothing to customers today.

When this shakes out I think there will be a few bullet manufacturers no longer manufacturing bullets. This in spite of a healthy backlog. I understand that they are worried about having orders cancelled because of long lead times and customers becoming impatient but once you take a customers payment you have an obligation to perform. The customer has a right to expect something in return for their payment. It is my understanding that supplying cast or coated bullets is not an easy business, it is difficult to be profitable. When things get back to normal some of these companies will wish they were more attentive to things. A year ago I would have never thought that I might be seriously considering looking for another bullet supplier in the future. I cannot say that now.

Edited by firewood

I agree. I think im in the hole for 70 something bucks but I wanted to figure out what worked and then load up with a bulk order. With that being said, has anyone used these guys?  they are almost always in stock or a short wait every time i look at their site, but I dont know anyone who has shot them https://summitcitybullets.com/9mm-bullets

2 hours ago, 18111811 said:

I agree. I think im in the hole for 70 something bucks but I wanted to figure out what worked and then load up with a bulk order. With that being said, has anyone used these guys?  they are almost always in stock or a short wait every time i look at their site, but I dont know anyone who has shot them https://summitcitybullets.com/9mm-bullets

I'm in the hole for $1040.00 bux.

• 2 weeks later...

A couple weeks ago I received a reply.. Finally!!!  I had sent about 5 or 6 emails and then I received the email below.. looks like they are on a limited staff, so I hope they get ramped up to full staff and start shipping quicker... My wait was long but still not as long as most, I ordered on January 10th I believe...and as promised they shipped on the 8th and I have received my order... Lee,

“Lee,

Hope you and your family are doing well. We apologize for the delay in your order as we have been operating with very limited staff.  We have been staggering the work shifts so prevent infection as most of our staff is from the NY area. As this may not be the best solution to the problem but so far it worked. Your order is shipping out Monday 3/8/21. Thank you so much for understanding. Stay Safe.

Best regards,

Jivette Salazar
Ibejiheads Corp.”

• 4 weeks later...

Mid year, last year, I placed an order for 2000 bullets in various calibers. The order was shipped within two weeks. Love their bullets!

Then, I placed an order back in February. The status was "pending" all throughout Feb. and March. I emailed them several times asking for order/shipping status as my CC was charged back in February and as of 4 days ago, my order was "in process". In the last message from two weeks ago, I mentioned that if I didn't hear from them, I'd have to assume something went wrong and I'd have my CC bank file a dispute. Finally, two days ago, I received a message mentioning most of the things others had received. Busy, short staffed, etc...

Within 3 hrs of receiving that message, my order status switched to "shipping". I should have the bullets in the next three days. I'm glad that I procrastinated on contacting my CC bank. I really think that they have quality products.

• 2 weeks later...

I ordered 1000 of the .40 caliber 180 gr. RNFP BBs on 23 January  2021 and they just arrived today.  The package was pretty beat up and had many holes.  Both the two inner 500 head boxes had almost completely fallen apart including the plastic bags containing the bullets.  They still looked pretty good, but I was missing 160 from all the leaks - won't be ordering anymore.

Edited by pbcaster45

13 hours ago, pbcaster45 said:

I ordered 1000 of the .40 caliber 180 gr. RNFP BBs on 23 January  2021 and they just arrived today.  The package was pretty beat up and had many holes.  Both the two inner 500 head boxes had almost completely fallen apart including the plastic bags containing the bullets.  They still looked pretty good, but I was missing 160 from all the leaks - won't be ordering anymore.

Don't blame Ibejiheads, they usually secure the outside box wrapped in plastic wrapped. Blame the USPS. These heavy boxes are usuallu left lying on the floor within the PO because of their weight. And when they try to pick one up, they usually drop it, breaking the box. I know, I worked for the PO. And I always had mine delivered to the PO where I worked. And many times they were broken open, and loose bullet heads rolling all over the floor of the PO.

@Postal Bob

I've thought about it and agree with what you've said.  I will try them again when supplies ease up (hopefully).  It did look USPS was rough with the package and that's not on lbejihead.  It's no wonder I prefer FedEx and UPS...

Edited by pbcaster45