Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm armscor FMJ

Squirrel45

10 hours ago, Sarge said:

Just remember FMJ usually means exposed lead base. But other than that they should be just fine

Is there anything wrong with that? I just loaded up my first 2500 of RMR and MGs that have exposed lead base. I've always shot berry's but that don't exist anymore 

Edited by louu

4 hours ago, louu said:

Is there anything wrong with that? I just loaded up my first 2500 of RMR and MGs that have exposed lead base. I've always shot berry's but that don't exist anymore 

Really only matters with comps in my opinion as they can cause build up. They probably smoke a little more too with certain powder.

I just scored a few thousand Armscor 9 mm 115g FMJ.   I've shot them before but they were blemished.  The verdict is that in major velocity they leave deposits of lead in the comp, and their accuracy at 50 yards isn't very good, that said in minor for steel they work very well, ringing the gong at 35 yards no problem.. My minor steel loads are 5.5gr of Auto comp, half way between minor and major.

for our game unless the bullets are so undersized or malformed that they tumble out of a normal barrel they are 100% fine for our game. we are not shooting 1.5" groups at 50 yards, people can and do win national titles with off the shelf cheep ammo.