Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2021 ICORE Rocky Mountain Regional Revolver Championship

The 2021 ICORE Rocky Mountain Regional Revolver Championship will be held over the weekend of June 12th-13th at the High Plains Shooting Range in Galeton Colorado. https://goo.gl/maps/WkCV4jVMMMzrdeoZ9

Registration is now open!

https://practiscore.com/icore-rocky-mountain-regional-revolver-championship/register

The ICORE match will be 8 stages shot in a single day format on Saturday the 12th. You must be a current ICORE member to participate.

On Sunday the 13th we will be holding an 8 stage Steel Challenge match at the range. Your ICORE match fee will include entry into this Steel Challenge match as well. You're not required to shoot the same gun on Sunday, but there will be several squads reserved for ICORE shooters.

Saturday's Awards ceremony will include a random draw prize table. On Sunday there will be cash prizes for the winners of the Iron Sight Revolver and Open Revolver divisions.

Come on out for a weekend filled with revolver shooting.

-Pat Jones, Match Director

I was up last night around 12:30am smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee, fn slp slung over my shoulder, pacing the halls in my underwear stopping only long enough to argue with myself in the mirror when I realized, hey, registration is open.

So I registered :)

Edited by ysrracer

29 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

I was up last night around 12:30am smoking cigarettes and drinking coffee in my underwear, fn slp slung over my shoulder, pacing the halls, stopping only long enough to argue with myself in the mirror, when I realized, hey, registration is open.

So I registered :)

I thought that might be you. You were the first to register after me.

12 minutes ago, ysrracer said:

What's the deal with all the north/south squads? And what's up with all the reserved spots?

The berms are laid out north/south.

I'll let Pat answer for sure, but my guess is the reserved squads are overflow that we can open if needed.

9 hours ago, ysrracer said:

What's the deal with all the north/south squads? And what's up with all the reserved spots?

8 hours ago, matteekay said:

The berms are laid out north/south.

I'll let Pat answer for sure, but my guess is the reserved squads are overflow that we can open if needed.

Mattee is correct, we will have access to 4 berms on the north side and 4 on the south side for the match.

We could comfortably accommodate 80 shooters, but I don't expect we'll get that many. The reserved spots will allow me to expand the squads as needed.

• 3 weeks later...

Sam and I are considering shooting this match, and I might be able to bring along at least one other shooter from Iowa.  Still working on making the arrangements.  

Edited by Carmoney

On 3/24/2021 at 6:55 PM, Carmoney said:

Sam and I are considering shooting this match, and I might be able to bring along at least one other shooter from Iowa.  Still working on making the arrangements.  

That would be awesome

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Does anybody know how altitude effects power factor?

I live in Southern California, near sea level. Eaton is 4,839 above sea level.

Anybody know what's going to happen to my powder factor?

I make 135 in Colorado in the summer. When I came down to SoCal last year for the single stack & revo match it took all 7 shots to make 125 in the cold rainy weather. I don't know if it was the altitude or the cold.

Edited by PatJones

44 minutes ago, MRBerg said:

Nice range I have shot benchrest there at the score nationals a few years back 

Ron 

Hey Ron,

Off subject here, sorry.  You gonna shoot the ICORE match over at ENPS?

Skip

Edited by BadShot

11 hours ago, ysrracer said:

Does anybody know how altitude effects power factor?

I live in Southern California, near sea level. Eaton is 4,839 above sea level.

Anybody know what's going to happen to my powder factor?

Luckily in ICORE it takes only "1" round making 120 and you're good.  If you load the average to the USPSA PF, 125 plus the usual 5+pf cushion= 130pf, I'd bet you would be fine.  As temp, humidity, altitude and even barometric pressures all can or will influence the velocity.