Jump to content
Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Alternative powder to titegroup


Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, RH39 said:

I’ve seen it pop up at powder valley and graf and son's in the last few days but it didn’t last long.

How often are you checking 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Furrly said:

How often are you checking 

I’m on seems like every hour...Seems so crazy seeing it in print🤦🏻‍♂️

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, RH39 said:

I’m on seems like every hour...Seems so crazy seeing it in print🤦🏻‍♂️

Dam, crazy times.. Thanks 

Link to post
Share on other sites

funny no love for titegroup, i loaded up the last of mine for 1oz shotgun loads for sporting clays and its one of the cleanest powders even with aprox 10k psi.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I've had great success with 700X in that it is cheap, used to be very easy to get, and runs clean for my purposes, i.e. 147 plated at 130 PF.  The issue is that powder doesn't meter very consistently depending on your setup.

 

N310 can also be used if you want a fast powder for 147 or heavier 9mm minor loads.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/18/2021 at 2:55 PM, frankge said:

funny no love for titegroup, i loaded up the last of mine for 1oz shotgun loads for sporting clays and its one of the cleanest powders even with aprox 10k psi.

 

Yeh doesnt get much love here, but still is the most widely used powder in USPSA  nationals according to all the equipment surveys I have seen. Its fine at higher pressures 40 loads, or 115 gr 9mm. Little smokey. Have used a bunch of it,, but as others have said. I wouldnt buy more of it. I have gotten on the Accurate #2 bandwagon.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Bakerjd said:

Man I must have the worst luck. I work night shift lol. Cannot get powder for the life of me. 

Keep an eye out.  Powder is still popping up pretty often.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Stumbled upon a little bit of random powder. Picked up 8# of accurate #7 as I had sone I was going to use to make 9 major with. A pound of accurate #5 and a pound of ramshot silhouette. Should be good for a bit now. Not too worried if there is more smoke or gun gets a bit dirtier then normal considering these times... lol. Ordered from powder valley. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Bakerjd said:

Stumbled upon a little bit of random powder. Picked up 8# of accurate #7 as I had sone I was going to use to make 9 major with. A pound of accurate #5 and a pound of ramshot silhouette. Should be good for a bit now. Not too worried if there is more smoke or gun gets a bit dirtier then normal considering these times... lol. Ordered from powder valley. 

Aa7 is awesome major powder very dirty. I love silhouette 

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Bakerjd said:

Is ramshot competition any good for 9 minor? I can get some right now

I used to load it for 147’s and it works fine.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...