Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Getting into USPSA

carolina_boy1990

Hello everyone,

Im new to the sport and excited to get started. I realize this is a tough time to get into the sport all things considered, but nevertheless Im jumping in! I have a good friend who's helping me get started, but I'm here to learn so please excuse my ignorance if I ask questions that seem a little dumb. Im planning on starting off in carry optics and limited and eventually adding open to the list. My goal is to really nail down the fundamentals before I get into open. Im from NC but working in PA so that's where Ill probably start shooting local matches. Advice is always welcome. Thanks guys and gals!

4 hours ago, carolina_boy1990 said:

Thanks! Ill be in the Bloomsburg area until May.

We live up in Benton and help run matches at Keystone Sportsmen Assn near Muncy. We also help and instruct at National Range & Armory over in Williamsport on Saturdays. Come over and see us sometime soon! We hope to run an Intro to Competition class on March 21 if we can get enough students. If you have any questions about other local stuff don’t hesitate.

On 2/23/2021 at 10:24 PM, carolina_boy1990 said:

Hello everyone,

Im new to the sport and excited to get started. I realize this is a tough time to get into the sport all things considered, but nevertheless Im jumping in! I have a good friend who's helping me get started, but I'm here to learn so please excuse my ignorance if I ask questions that seem a little dumb. Im planning on starting off in carry optics and limited and eventually adding open to the list. My goal is to really nail down the fundamentals before I get into open. Im from NC but working in PA so that's where Ill probably start shooting local matches. Advice is always welcome. Thanks guys and gals!

Got some good clubs in both states. Have fun! 

21 hours ago, ewthursby said:

We live up in Benton and help run matches at Keystone Sportsmen Assn near Muncy. We also help and instruct at National Range & Armory over in Williamsport on Saturdays. Come over and see us sometime soon! We hope to run an Intro to Competition class on March 21 if we can get enough students. If you have any questions about other local stuff don’t hesitate.

Was up in Muncy and Montoursville yesterday checking out some local gun shops. Im definitely interested in that class! I contract in the power industry and March is going to be a hectic month, but if I am able I'd definitely like to attend. Just keep me posted on it!

35 minutes ago, carolina_boy1990 said:

Was up in Muncy and Montoursville yesterday checking out some local gun shops. Im definitely interested in that class! I contract in the power industry and March is going to be a hectic month, but if I am able I'd definitely like to attend. Just keep me posted on it!

Sent you a PM about the class. Stop by the shop on Saturdays and ask for Evan.

• 2 months later...

I've let many a new shooters try my open gun, I do make them dry fire a bunch so they know the trigger (sub 2) and only load one or two rds at first.  

Some ranges don't tear down their stages, ask the Match Director if it's OK to practice run an empty stage.

• 1 month later...