Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Colorado State Tactical Rifle Championships

Its here.

Big Ben Tactical Rifle and Pueblo Tactical Rifle have joined up to bring you the 2021 State Championship.

And...  Thunderbeast Arms has joined up to be the Match Sponsor.

26-27 June in Pueblo Colorado.

8 stages. 5 close up (less than 75 yards) stages and 3 medium range (100-300 yards) stages.  You will shoot 5 stages Saturday and 3 stages on Sunday.  Set up will start Friday at daybreak.  Match shooting starts at 8:30 both Saturday and Sunday.

Paper and steel targets with hit factor scoring because that would have made Eddie Rhodes happy.

Recognized divisions will be Tactical, He-Man, Limited and Open.

Absolutely no steel core ammo or bi-metal jacketed ammo.  Match DQ and $500 fine for anyone caught using it.

No refunds after 01 June.

Only 100 slots avail. 

Contact me with questions.  Sean is the Range Master, Justin is the Assist Match Director and I am the Match Director.  Charlene will be there to manage stats and maybe try to keep Sean, Justin and I from doing stupid things.

https://practiscore.com/colorado-state-tactical-rifle-2021-championship/register

Once it fills up you will be waitlisted.  When/if a slot comes open you will be contacted directly to see if you still want to shoot.

Edited by Tom Freeman

3 hours ago, twodownzero said:

Do you have the rules or some info about the structure of the match?

This from the practiscore link above.

SHOOTERS WILL COMPETE BOTH DAYS.

YOU WILL SHOOT 5 STAGES ON SATURDAY AND THE REMAINING STAGES ON SUNDAY.

THE MATCH START TIME IS 8:30 BOTH DAYS. PLEASE BE 30-45 MINUTES EARLY.

LUNCH IS *NOT* PROVIDED. WATER AND ICE WILL BE PROVIDED AND WILL BE ON EACH STAGE.

TARGETS WILL BE BOTH PAPER AND STEEL. HIT FACTOR SCORING WILL BE USED. CLOSE TARGET WILL BE APPROX 3 YARDS. FAR TARGET WILL BE 300 YARDS. FAR TARGETS ARE APPROX 4-5 MOA IN SIZE.

STEEL CASED AMMO ALLOWED, BUT ABSOLUTELY NO STEEL CORE OR BI-METAL JACKETED BULLETS. $500 FINE AND MATCH DQ FOR ANYONE CAUGHT.

DIVISION INFO: TACTICAL. ONE OPTIC, NO BI-POD. LIMITED. ONE NON-MAGNIFIED OPTIC (DOT) OR IRONS, NO BI-POD. HE-MAN. 308 OR 30-06, ONE OPTIC, NO BI-POD. OPEN. ANYTHING GOES. IF YOU ARE FOUND TO BE IN VIOLATION OF YOUR DIVISION RULES, YOU ARE MOVED TO OPEN.

NO REFUNDS AFTER 01 JUNE. YOU WILL SIGN UP ON PRACTISCORE AND WILL BE ALLOWED TO SELF SQUAD ONCE PAYMENT IS RECEIVED VIA SNAIL MAIL.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
On 6/29/2021 at 5:31 PM, Tom Freeman said:

We had a good turnout.  Lots of happy people even before handing out a bunch of certs for free Thunderbeast suppressors.

As of now we will do it again next year on the fourth weekend in June.

https://practiscore.com/results/new/29c4257a-124e-4c04-8000-e585df6d4569

Wren does registration open for 2022?

4 minutes ago, doubleaay78 said:

Wren does registration open for 2022?

01 January.  

Thunderbeast has again signed up as the main match sponsor and we will be again be giving away lots of cans and cash.

https://practiscore.com/colorado-state-tactical-rifle-2021-championship-clone/register

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

We are happy to announce that AccuFire has donated a couple 1-6 scopes for our prize table.

https://www.accufiretech.com

We have had a few slots open up these past few weeks.

https://practiscore.com/colorado-state-tactical-rifle-2021-championship-clone/register

Hope to see you there.

• 1 month later...

Last call before the cost goes up...

If you want a chance at winning a scope from AccuFire or a suppressor from Thunderbeast, hurry up and get registered.

The shirt and plaque order goes in soon, I need a good head count.

Best guess is approx 25-30 shots past 200 yards.  The targets past 200 will be a steel 12 or a 14 inch diamond or a full sized IPSC.

There will be approx 60 shots between 100 and 200 yards, all of it 4-6 MOA sized steel.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

Its baaaack....

Big Ben Tactical Rifle and Pueblo Tactical Rifle have again joined up to bring you the 2023 State Championship.

And...  Thunderbeast Arms is still the main Match Sponsor.

2-3 Sept 2023 in Ramah (just east of Denver) Colorado.

9 stages. 5 close up (less than 75 yards) stages and 4 medium range (100-400 yards) stages.  You will shoot 6 stages Saturday and 3 stages on Sunday.  Set up will start Thursday at daybreak.  Match shooting starts at 8:30 both Saturday and Sunday.

Paper and steel targets with hit factor scoring because that would have made Eddie Rhodes happy.

Recognized divisions will be Tactical, He-Man, Limited and Open.

Absolutely no steel core ammo or bi-metal jacketed ammo.  Match DQ and $500 fine for anyone caught using it.

Registration opens up on 01 May.  No refunds after 07 August.

Only 120 slots avail. 

Contact me with questions.  Sean is the Range Master, Justin and Matt are the Assist Match Directors and I am the Match Director.  Charlene will be there to manage stats and maybe try to keep Sean, Justin, Matt and me from doing stupid things.

https://practiscore.com/colorado-state-tactical-rifle-2023/register

Once it fills up you will be waitlisted.  When/if a slot comes open I will contact you directly to see if you still want to shoot.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...