Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Digital powder scale

New reloader here trying to finalize my equipment so I can begin reloading 9mm. Needing a powder scale for obvious reasons. I’m using a Dillion 550 to do the charging.  Was looking at the Dillion D Terminator but the reviews are very mixed. Searched the forums here and most were very dated. 
  GemPro also was mentioned quite a bit with what seems like better reviews. What does everyone here recommend? I’d like to spend no more than $150. Thank you

You do not need to spend a lot of money for a decent scale.

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM

It is very exact. I have access to analytical balances at work and did some testing of a wide range of weights: this little scale was as exact as the analytical lab scales.

Mine is placed on a slab of granite which sits on a rubber dampening mat.

1 hour ago, RudyVey said:

You do not need to spend a lot of money for a decent scale.

I have this one:

https://www.amazon.com/American-Weigh-GEMINI-20-Portable-MilliGram/dp/B0012TDNAM

It is very exact. I have access to analytical balances at work and did some testing of a wide range of weights: this little scale was as exact as the analytical lab scales.

Mine is placed on a slab of granite which sits on a rubber dampening mat.

That’s good to know I appreciate the reply. The money saved could go towards a chronograph. 

3 hours ago, Stevetford said:

New reloader here trying to finalize my equipment so I can begin reloading 9mm. Needing a powder scale for obvious reasons. I’m using a Dillion 550 to do the charging.  Was looking at the Dillion D Terminator but the reviews are very mixed. Searched the forums here and most were very dated. 
  GemPro also was mentioned quite a bit with what seems like better reviews. What does everyone here recommend? I’d like to spend no more than $150. Thank you

Sharpen your searching skills. Just came up a few weeks back.

I have a RCBS 5-0-5 that I have used for over 25 years to weigh powder from cowboy to 6mm creed loads- shotgun also. Scale has a leveler and a damper. Have a good weight set with plastic tipped tweezers (to handle the weights) that spans what I am weighing. Scale is right on the correct weight and has been for years. Believe the scales are under $100 and will last a lifetime. Do not know about the weight set

Edited by verla
clarification