Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aero EPC help

First time on here.  I stumbled across this forum.  Planning on buying my first PCC. They don't make a complete pistol yet. So I have to figure out what all I need to order at once if I get on in time to get my order in.  This is what I have been told to buy from them so far.. 

EPC receiver set

8.3 inch barrel

7 inch R Atlas handgaurd

Ambi charging handle

9mm BCG

EPC lower parts kit

EPC buffer kit

VG6 Gamma 9mm

SBA3

Am I forgetting anything? Is this what you guys would order? The 3rd will come and go fast.  TIA. I need help lol. 

I assume you already have an SBR lower so you're GTG while you are waiting for your Form 1 to get approved.  Otherwise, you should probably hold off on the barrel or build as a pistol until you get the form 1 approved.  Once you have the Tax Stamp in hand you can convert to a rifle and you will be set for USPSA, that is assuming your intent is competition?  If not, just keep it in pistol configuration and enjoy.

I have nothing yet.  I don't compete. Illinois can't have SBRs. Hence I want a pistol. Just know nothing about building one.  I have a friend that does and promised he would help me assemble it when the time comes.  But I have not had the chance to sit down with him about the parts I will need.  

1 minute ago, roc2it said:

I have nothing yet.  I don't compete. Illinois can't have SBRs. Hence I want a pistol. Just know nothing about building one.  I have a friend that does and promised he would help me assemble it when the time comes.  But I have not had the chance to sit down with him about the parts I will need.  

OK.  Just make sure you build in a pistol configuration and you'll be fine.  Most PCC discussions on this forum are for rifle builds.  I'm not an expert on pistol requirements, but the max length of pull is 13.5" I believe, that would be with the pistol brace at max extension,  you're limited in what you can do with a forward grip or  grip stop, and might be a limitation on max length.  Other forums will have more info specific to pistol configurations.  Won't get better under the Biden administration.

Basically I'm a newbie wanting to build something that's not out yet. I'm afraid of I wait to order it will be another 14 months of waiting for it.  Trust me,  I waited while saved up,  gave up, bought Klipsch speakers for home,  and had time to save up again.  Ugh, lol. 

Why Aero? 

I like Aero. Have plenty of their receivers and parts...

But there’s literally nothing special about the EPC. Why wait for it?

The way their website has been the past year... they’ll be perpetually out of stock and virtual unobtainiun. 

Couple of quick things that I just went through myself......

First off, remember that if you purchase a lower that has a "rifle" buttstock on it, you can NOT use it to build a "pistol" as the form 4473 will have it listed as a "rifle" and it can not be converted to a "pistol" AR unless you want to go through the hassle of registering it as a SBR.   If you use either a stripped or completed lower that did not come with a stock installed, they will be listed as "other" on the form 4473 and you can do what you want with them.  If the lower came as a "pistol" lower, obviously no issue as it will be listed as "pistol"...

Length of pull can not exceed 13.5 inches and it is measured from the face of the trigger to the back of whatever "stock" you install and the "stock" must be at it's most extended position when you measure it.

Overall length can not exceed 26 inches and it is measured from the muzzle (minus any removable muzzle devices) to the rear of the brace at it's collapsed to it's shortest position. To qualify as a pistol, you must meet all of these requirements and you can NOT install a vertical or angled grip.

Hope this helps!

On another note, I have two AR15 AERO lowers that I've converted to 9mm Glock by installing Sylvan conversion blocks and they have been 100% reliable. The Sylvan block is a solid, robust component that requires ZERO tweaking to get them to work-in fact, the simplicity of the piece is such that there isn't anything to "tweak". You need to look at their site and see the piece to understand it's construction and installation.  I've shot the heck out of them and they just work.

I'm a Lefty and love the ambidextrous design of the mag release-it's in front of the magwell and works perfectly.

I have read that the EPCs built LRBHO is going to be great and I would like something that has a new design to it. I really looked long at the Rock River Arms new 9mm but for the cost of it I thought that this would be the way to go. Although I had a hard time resisting buying a Banshee when they were on sale last week. I am big believer in KISS.

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/23/2021 at 11:31 AM, copterdrvr said:

Couple of quick things that I just went through myself......

First off, remember that if you purchase a lower that has a "rifle" buttstock on it, you can NOT use it to build a "pistol" as the form 4473 will have it listed as a "rifle" and it can not be converted to a "pistol" AR unless you want to go through the hassle of registering it as a SBR.   If you use either a stripped or completed lower that did not come with a stock installed, they will be listed as "other" on the form 4473 and you can do what you want with them.  If the lower came as a "pistol" lower, obviously no issue as it will be listed as "pistol"...

Length of pull can not exceed 13.5 inches and it is measured from the face of the trigger to the back of whatever "stock" you install and the "stock" must be at it's most extended position when you measure it.

Overall length can not exceed 26 inches and it is measured from the muzzle (minus any removable muzzle devices) to the rear of the brace at it's collapsed to it's shortest position. To qualify as a pistol, you must meet all of these requirements and you can NOT install a vertical or angled grip.

Hope this helps!

No angled fore grip now?  Is that recent?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

if you haven't bought anything yet, they have more EPC components on their website now.  they've sold out several times so keep checking back.  but if you're not comfortable with assembly, you can get their "complete" upper (that's what they call it, but it is their upper, a barrel and a handguard) and a complete lower including a brace.  then you'll need their bolt and charging handle.

12 hours ago, jualdeaux said:

I take it you are using the EPC lower? What magwell are you running on that thing?

It’s a modified Techwell.

started with the one for the JP, and had to do a bit of fitting.

talked with them and they said they would be working in one to fit the aero EPC.

• 2 months later...