Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tired of CZ 75 with decocker, lets hear new suggestions!

Obvious

Alright I'm new around here but have used this forum quite a bit to help with my cz 75. I have the 9mm SP-01 tactical that's suppressor ready. I'm looking to move into major power factor and I want something with a manual safety because that half cocked first shot is just meh. I'm hoping for something in .40 but wouldn't mind 10mm either. For all intents and purposes, the SP-01 in .40 with a manual safety would've been perfect for me but they discontinued it in 2018 and I can't find one for sale anywhere. I would've liked to take it and convert it to SAO so it'd serve very well in home defense and competition. I'm hoping for a steel frame, manual safety, a rail for a light, and a caliber to make major power factor. Also in the ball park of a grand or so, my options may be nonexistent but I'm not finding anything I like in that range. Some of the RIA tac 1911's look nice but the reviews are pretty mediocre. Would love to hear more suggestions from the folks here. 

Edited by Obvious

10 hours ago, rowdyb said:

get a base tac sport and use a trigger guard mounted light.

I've never heard of trigger guard mounted lights before, I'll have to look into those. Tanfoglio makes a cz 75 copy in .40 with a manual safety though that's looking very appealing, has a rail and everything. Would probably play with the springs. swap to night sights, and call it a day. 

• 4 weeks later...

If you want to stick with CZ you can't go wrong with picking up a TSO for limited.  I shot a TSO for last year's season and I was very pleased with it.  I shoot a 2011 now and I sometimes miss the no-fuss mags that I had for the CZ.