Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PVD Coating Open Gun Recommendations

bossk95

Hey everyone,

I am having an open 2011 built for me this year and I am debating on having the frame, mag bodies and, slide AlTiN coated.  Who is a good coating company to go with for this?

7 hours ago, bossk95 said:

How much did it cost you to have it done?

I don’t remember. It was absorbed into the prices of the builds. Sorry. Pricing will be different anyway based on how many guns you send them, how many small parts, etc. I don’t even know for sure if they will only do one gun, best thing would be to call or email them to ask.

I can tell you that techmetals does do pvd on firearms, they do the coating for phonix trinity, nighthawk, and a slew of others.  They are a regular vendor of mine that I send coating/ plating work to frequently on tooling and aerospace components and they always do a fantastic job. 

I just finished an open gun and am going to be sending it to them in a couple weeks, just need to run a couple hundred more rounds thru it first. 

On 2/17/2021 at 4:31 AM, Silverscooby27 said:

Can find more photos on the Instagram page for D2 Customs.

I'll vouch for Joe's pistols. They do look and run AMAZING. I've seen them in person at the western PA sectional last year. 

• 1 month later...

Just received my gun back form Techmetals on Friday, they did a great job. I would highly recommend them. The only issue I had was not being an FFL it was a little painful to get the process started, even with an existing relationship. Turnaro und time was 6 days total.

20210409_182918_resized_1.jpg

22 hours ago, Bwenning said:

Just received my gun back form Techmetals on Friday, they did a great job. I would highly recommend them. The only issue I had was not being an FFL it was a little painful to get the process started, even with an existing relationship. Turnaro und time was 6 days total.

20210409_182918_resized_1.jpg

That looks really good, I'll probably be going with them once I get the gun finished that will be getting that coating, the one I am working on now I've decided to send to Blown Deadline