Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NFA help with my form 1 22lr can

Nick_shoots_fast

So I’m not sure if this is the correct place for this issue but I really need some help. 

I filled out my form 1 so I can buy a 22 can from quite bore 11 days ago. My cover letter has half the barcode and no control number BUT it says I need to send in this along with my prints within 10 days. 

The mutant that I talked to over at the ATF was ZERO help and told me I need to email “ask the experts”. Well, still no reply like I figured. I sent in my cover letter and my prints so I can be within the 10 day mark but my buddy said that it’s useless to do so because you don’t have your control number  yet. 

I can’t be the only one with this scenario so any help out be great. 

Edited by Atlasguy321

Silencershop no longer sells Form 1 packages.  They can help get you set up with a Trust that you will need to apply for a form 1.  They may help you with questions.  Staff at LGC with Silencershop kiosks were not very helpful in my experience.  

The control number is located on the form letter you should have received when you applied.  You are suppose to send back copy of that Form letter to the ATF with your prints.  Look at the Form letter the ATF sent you, you should see the Control Number on there that matches the Bar code at the top of the Form letter.

I have been informed to send your Responsible Person form with the Form letter and prints just in case.  I Have heard the ATF indicate they have not accepted prints before because the ATF "Did not have the Responsible Person form associated with the finger prints.    Granted this was for an SBR Form 1, but I imagine it is the same for any Form 1 applied for.  

Edited by Boomstick303

If you have a cover letter, you have a control number; it's in the subject line of the email with your cover letter.  You did your part.  If it were me, I'd give it until 30 days, then email the expert and check in.  I'm actually surprised the experts didn't respond.  They've always gotten back to me within 24 hours.  Things are bonkers now, plus WV probably got a ton of snow, so I'd give them a few days to respond.

Assuming you re-downloaded the cover letter to ensure it wasn't a computer glitch on your end.