Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

New Walther 9mm - PDP FS

apoc4lypse

Haven't seen anything on the internet on this yet but Walther has a new pistol out - the Walther PDP FS 9mm.  

Seems like a polymer version of the Q4 steel frame and a boxier, optics ready slide.  Available with a 4" or 4.5" barrel.  Rear sight houses an adjustable notch kind of like Taurus G2C sights.  

Trigger pull is similar to the PPQ and the internals looks very similar except the ejector is beefier.  

Capacity is 18rds so standard PPQ mags won't work, but Canik 18rders might work.

Might need to buy one, $599.99 at my LGS.

http://imgur.com/a/3QqTVfD

Edited by apoc4lypse

• 2 weeks later...
11 minutes ago, Archer said:

Any concerns about the non-lugged plate mount?

I saw a video on youtube where someone brought up that concern but I'd go as far to say that the video was made to ride the cottails of the publicity that went into the PDP's release. C&H makes plates and I know the shooters at Walther's Defense Division were testing the PDP before release with optics. I'm not too concerned about it and worst case scenario there would be a slide upgrade recall or updated plate. 

So walthers free plate is different from the CHPWS plate?

Edit**

It seems so...The ones CHPWS are selling are the Milspec versions

"The MIL-SPEC plates for the PDP give you twice the thread engagement over standard plates as well as tighter tolerances on recoil posts and fitment."

Edited by mrvip27

• 3 weeks later...

The only reason I haven't been shooting a Q5 is because of the short grip.  I'll definitely pick up one of these.

Of course, now I have a TP9SFX, so it'd have to be something really special to push it out of the lineup.