Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shooting Shirt for matches?

JatCarver

I use the wicking type Under Armour T-shirts from Costco for the summer.  In the winter I use long sleeve T-shirts & wear a jacket over that when not shooting.  A fellow shooter used to wear a very large white button up dress shirt (long sleeve & un buttoned) over a T-shirt in the summer.  He bought a new shirt (a cheap one) every year and would throw away the shirt at the end of the season. 

Bear with me for an IDPA story.

There was a regular shooter who wore a light blue houndstooth check sport jacket as a concealment garment.  It was ugly with a capital Ugh.  He bought it at Salvation Army for $10... every Spring.  Come his Winter layoff, he would donate it to the Salvation Army and take a charity credit on his income taxes.  The next Spring, he would buy it back and go shooting.    

7 minutes ago, Jim Watson said:

There was a regular shooter who wore a light blue houndstooth check sport jacket as a concealment garment.  It was ugly with a capital Ugh.  He bought it at Salvation Army for $10... every Spring.  Come his Winter layoff, he would donate it to the Salvation Army and take a charity credit on his income taxes.  The next Spring, he would buy it back and go shooting.    

That might be the single greatest post I have ever read in Enos!!

2 hours ago, Jim Watson said:

😂😂😂

On 2/18/2021 at 9:43 PM, oddjob said:

I use the wicking type Under Armour T-shirts from Costco for the summer.  In the winter I use long sleeve T-shirts & wear a jacket over that when not shooting.  A fellow shooter used to wear a very large white button up dress shirt (long sleeve & un buttoned) over a T-shirt in the summer.  He bought a new shirt (a cheap one) every year and would throw away the shirt at the end of the season. 

Speaking of white dress shirts LOL!  I miss seeing Ray's white shirt flapping in the breeze and his toes hanging out of his cut-up tennis shoes.  We once threatened to burn the shirt once at an Area match in Oregon on the last day after 3 days of 100+ degree temperatures.

Nolan

1 hour ago, Nolan said:

Speaking of white dress shirts LOL!  I miss seeing Ray's white shirt flapping in the breeze and his toes hanging out of his cut-up tennis shoes.  We once threatened to burn the shirt once at an Area match in Oregon on the last day after 3 days of 100+ degree temperatures.

Nolan

ray was one of a kind-pioneered the upside down c-more.  tragic death to this day.

On 2/22/2021 at 4:44 PM, outerlimits said:

ray was one of a kind-pioneered the upside down c-more.  tragic death to this day.

Ray is who I was thinking of.....Man he could game a stage & figure out hit factors in a snap....I miss him too....

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...