Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

EVO production stop

cool

4 hours ago, cool said:

The Evolution™ - Loading Presses (markvii-loading.com)

replaced by the lower quality APEX 10 and for the same price

What makes you say lower quality? The Apex comes standard with a second guide rod, updated priming system (that is plug and play to a primer collator if you so choose) and updated shell plate retention. Considering they are not out in the wild yet, making a judgment on "quality" is not really possible right now. The features being added make me say it's an upgrade.

9 minutes ago, SSGJohnV said:

It uses the same shell plate retaining spring, but has a new bracket to hold the spring in place. No more fighting with the tiny screw and plate.

Zooming in on the picture off the website of the new Press it appears to be the same ? Do you have some additional info or a picture of the new one that you’re speaking of? Thanks Tony

5361E9A4-C6D7-486E-AE96-E328BCE3C8AD.png

3 minutes ago, tmz said:

Zooming in on the picture off the website of the new Press it appears to be the same ? Do you have some additional info or a picture of the new one that you’re speaking of? Thanks Tony

image.png.d202413552bef57979564dedb5e9488b.png

No insider info. This pic is from a customer who stopped by the Mark 7 office after the announcement and saw the working demo.

1 minute ago, SSGJohnV said:

image.png.d202413552bef57979564dedb5e9488b.png

No insider info. This pic is from a customer who stopped by the Mark 7 office after the announcement and saw the working demo.

Thanks so much for that picture!

I like this set up much better!

hopefully we can add it to our old evolution, looks like it shouldn’t be a problem. Thanks 

And here I thought I was the only one who was doing something wrong.  What a **** design, can't wait for the retrofit!

What I don't get is why the Evo Pro for us in foreign markets will stay as is.

Edited by MikeyScuba

1 minute ago, MikeyScuba said:

And here I thought I was the only one who was doing something wrong.  What a **** design, can't wait for the retrofit!

What I don't get is why the Evo Pro for us in foreign markets will stay as is.

I think it has to do with ITAR. Once something is approved for export, making changes is difficult from my understanding. I could be wrong about that, though.

I know ITAR prohibits or makes difficult the export of direct drive units.  Belt drive is ok to go.  Ask Slavex, he bought a Revo before the Evo Pro unit came out.  Parts get shipped to me no problem.  Same exact parts for the Revo involve ITAR paperwork and weeks of delay.

I do have a different powder sensor as well. There is the USA one and the one the rest of the world gets.  go figure.