Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Post your... questionable... firearm decisions.

matteekay

I bought a used Open Gun from a local shooter who was in financial straits at the time.  Unknown to me, it had a poorly fitted Scheuman barrel and the slide hitting the rib on the barrel sheared the link off the bottom of the barrel before I had shot a full match with the gun.

Later I found out the previous owner had never fired anything but minor ammo through it and not much at that.

My most questionable buy? All the builds I've done just to decide I wanted something else. Then selling them for..... a good discount. I discovered you could do stuff besides shoot at a static target in 2016 and if I tallied up the money spent on guns "for uspsa" from then to now..... nah rather not do that. 

But most memorable was the used "INFINITY " I bought. By the time the gunsmith listed everything needed to get it shootable safely Iay as well have bought a brand new one. And it wasn't even a real one at that. Someme took a SVI upper and slid it onto a STI frame and grip. The first 3" of the barrel had no rifling at all. Link was stretched, lock up was terrible, ect... just a very bad "build".