Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320X5 reliability

Stage 3

On 2/19/2021 at 10:17 AM, hiflyer51 said:

On one of my 2 Legions the Take Down Lever broke aprox. 15K rounds.

Actually this had slipped my mind. The takedown lever has a tendency to break in the 10-20k round area. Less than that if you use a thumb rest version. If you if you inspect it regularly, you can usually see the crack start to develop. This is something you definitely want to keep an eye on. 

Edited by Rich406

• 1 month later...
On 2/20/2021 at 5:58 PM, Rich406 said:

Actually this had slipped my mind. The takedown lever has a tendency to break in the 10-20k round area. Less than that if you use a thumb rest version. If you if you inspect it regularly, you can usually see the crack start to develop. This is something you definitely want to keep an eye on. 

Wow never heard of this issue till just now. Maybe I should go inspect mine. 

On 2/20/2021 at 3:58 PM, Rich406 said:

Is there a particular location on the lever to pay attention to?

1 hour ago, ddc said:

Is there a particular location on the lever to pay attention to?

There is a slot cut into lever opposite of where the guide rod sits. That’s the weak spot. If you look there you can usually see a hairline crack start to form a few hundred rounds before it fails.