Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sig P320X5 reliability

Stage 3

What has been the reliability for the P320X5, I've only got around 2K down the pipe on mine with no issues, but I'm curious what some high round count users are finding.

Round count when things start to break or need replacement.

Thanks,

Bill

I didn't clean mine for about 4k rounds and started to get some small malfunctions (2 failure to feeds in about 200 rounds). Cleaned the gun and they miraculously went away.

No issues that I didn't cause.

Forgot to mention, I am running X5 Legion, with Sig Max Optic, GG Sear/Springs, Keres Trigger, and a 124gr 130PF load under ASP powder with 12lb spring, also tried a 12.5 and 13lb spring with no issues.

Edited by Orlandoech

15 hours ago, jaep1911 said:

I’ve had FTGTB when I used a 12lb recoil spring. Other than that, 0 issue. Awesome.

Was that in a p320 X5 or a X5 legion? 12 is borderline too light in a X5, but should be no issues in a X5 legion. 

14 minutes ago, titandriver said:

I've got pert near three boxes of shells through mine - zero issues so far! How many more shells should I put through it in order to consider it good to go in competition?

You're good to go.....  Go Fast Don't Suck.

BC

1 minute ago, RonPogi said:

I have issues on reset spring on the striker pin, after a couple of dry fire without caps the reset spring cut into half.

Common problem. Doesn’t really effect the function of the gun. But if you dryfire with any regularity, you are gonna toast that spring. I stopped replacing them in my practice gun a long time ago. 

23 hours ago, Rich406 said:

Common problem. Doesn’t really effect the function of the gun. But if you dryfire with any regularity, you are gonna toast that spring. I stopped replacing them in my practice gun a long time ago. 

So you mean, I can still use the gun with/without the reset spring with no issues?

5 minutes ago, echotango said:

Are you talking about this spring? If it breaks, everything still works? 

Screenshot_20210218-181109~3.png

No. I’m talking about the striker reset spring. It’s inside the striker assembly. The circled spring is the striker safety spring. 

Edited by Rich406