Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC/Pistol Nationals..?

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, davsco said:

is there a match book anywhere for this?

it is coming, there was some last minute sponsors and some changes that had to be updated

some other information in there as well (little copy and paste locap information got carried over)

Please review some specifics about the match that have been questions we have received

-The match is a two-day format with 11 courses of fire. There are AM/PM or PM/AM. The range will be on two zones.
-The match is under USPSA Multigun Rules, the scoring is Time Plus.
-Time Plus is two anywhere or one alpha to neutralize the target. Total time to shoot stage plus penalties
-There is no major or minor, but there will be falling steel.
-Stage WSB has minimum round count, which is considered one alpha. You should plan your ammunition consumption accordingly i.e. two on paper to neutralize for example.
-Steel targets are optional for either handgun or PCC. Frangible (clay birds) are PCC only targets
-USPSA cardboard are pistol only, IPSC cardboard are PCC only.
-Distance, the match will be on the Action Shooting Bays at the CMP and there will not be required shots over 65 yards.
-Your handgun will determine your division. If you have optics then you will be in Open Division, iron sights are Limited Division.
-The other features of the handgun are outlined in the appendixes of the rulebook, specifically magazine size restrictions, i.e. Your 40 round Glock mag can’t go in your handgun, you will shoot for no score.
-The stages will have you starting with only one of the firearms, PCC will be stock on belt, handgun will be loaded and holstered. The other firearm would then staged.
-Transitions between firearms will have you “dumping” one for the other using MGM style of drop boxes.
-Slings will not be required
-Function fire bay will be located in the vendor/demo area and all gun handling rules apply
-Parking for all competitors shooting in zone 1 will be in the parking lot. Competitors shooting in zone 2 will be at the top of the hill.
-ATV/Carts are allowed but will be required to park at the end of the Bay areas

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 5/30/2021 at 4:04 PM, Shootingaggie said:

Excited to hear how this event goes. Good luck to all attending. If there is one next year, will certainly be there

A friend shot it.  He said it was a great match, but hard.  Lots of long tough shots with the PCC, things he had never seen at local matches (since many local matches are in shorter pistol bays).  He shot it on Friday with the ROs and said it was rough shooting that many LOOOONG stages in one day.  Sounds like the range had learned from the previous match and brought in more porta-potties and did better maintenance on them.

28 minutes ago, JFlowers said:

He said it was a great match, but hard.  Lots of long tough shots with the PCC, things he had never seen at local matches (since many local matches are in shorter pistol bays).  He shot it on Friday with the ROs and said it was rough shooting that many LOOOONG stages in one day.  Sounds like the range had learned from the previous match and brought in more porta-potties and did better maintenance on them.

I shot this match and worked it as well.  Yes Friday was long, so long in fact that the USPSA brass mentioned they will split the staff match into two days.  At least this was discussed.

Yes there were many difficult shots but all but a couple were not that difficult if you knew your holds.  Know your equipment in other words.  With that said, I doubt you will see clays at 50 plus yards at the next 2 Gun Nationals.  Even knowing your holds hitting a clay at 50 plus yards with an unsupported PCC is a challenge.

I loved this match, and is the most fun as far as the shooting aspect goes I have had at a major to date, even shooting it all in one day.

There might have been more Port-a-Johns, but they still ran out of Toilet paper in many or were close to running out.  I have no idea why you would not contract those Port-a-Johns to be serviced every day of the match.  Something I would think USPSA would dictate in these contracts when they sign them with facilities to hold these events.  I just worked and shot the Colorado State Championship at the Cameo Facility near Grand Junction Colorado and the facilities were serviced at the end of every day.  At least it seemed that way.  This was one of the many details that the staff at Cameo ensured that match was one of the best I have ever attended.

If USPSA were smart they would approach Cameo about hosting national events.  I have limited experience in attending Nationals or other large events, but from reading peoples concerns and gripes about various major events and attending the majors I have attended I cannot see how a facility could possibly do a better job than the staff at Cameo did in putting on majors and/or similar events like the Colorado State Championship they just held.  They are currently in the process of adding what looks to be more pistol type bays that would give them the capacity to hold such events.  Cameo is by part the best facility I have ever attended in regards to dynamic shooting sports.  Area 2 might want to look into this facility as well for that area match.  Food for thought.

We also shot it and found many difficult shots and learned several things that never come up in a normal USPSA match and have never seen in 2-gun or 3-gun matches using PCC's. Not complaining. It was a National Championship should be tough. We know how to prepare for next one. 

Our biggest problem was the torrential downpours/lightning delays on first 3- stages Saturday PM squads with drizzle Saturday PM & Sunday AM and basically shooting blind between the bags on stacked PCC targets and the rain on open C-More red dots. Pretty much pick which dot to use and hope. With the bags on the longer stacked PCC targets, there was no way to tell where the scoring area was and where the no-shoots started. Learned that a 6 or 8 MOA C-more was not the right choice for a 4" clay @ 60 yards in the rain, no rain, or long stacked targets.

Will have 2MOA Aimpoints, Trijicon MRO,  or tube type scope with offset next time. 

No complaints on porta cans, but we finished early Sunday. Facility is amazing and even with all the rain the bays never got slippery or muddy. RO's were great. Our squad was outstanding. Look forward to next year.

Gerrit, Nick, & Juliann

5 minutes ago, Ccampo1129 said:

I got on the waitlist. Was just curious if there was a chance I actually am able to shoot it. How likely is it?

There wasn’t any chance since it’s over and you weren’t able to register and shoot it.

By the way, whatcha goin’ to sell 😝.

On 6/28/2021 at 12:41 PM, gerritm said:

Will have 2MOA Aimpoints, Trijicon MRO

I have switched to an Eotech for this very reason as soon as I got back from this match.  I was running a Holosun 510C, and after seeing the rain on Saturday decided a closed tube was a better option.

6 hours ago, Ccampo1129 said:

I got on the waitlist.

Are you sure you asked this question on the correct thread?  Are you talking about the PCC / Carry  Optics Nationals happening in October of this year?   

2 Gun Nationals has already happened so I am not sure how you just got on that waitlist.

6 hours ago, Boomstick303 said:

I have switched to an Eotech for this very reason as soon as I got back from this match.  I was running a Holosun 510C, and after seeing the rain on Saturday decided a closed tube was a better option.

Are you sure you asked this question on the correct thread?  Are you talking about the PCC / Carry  Optics Nationals happening in October of this year?   

2 Gun Nationals has already happened so I am not sure how you just got on that waitlist.

My bad, I shot 2 gun nats. I was thinking this was PCC/Carry Optics at the end of this year!

• 11 months later...