Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC/Pistol Nationals..?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...

I registered for the match right when registration opened since I didn't know how much interest there would be.  It looks like quite a few other people have registered and several squads are full.  I really like the idea of 2 gun matches so as soon as I heard this match was happening I wanted to shoot it.

Now the question is what pistol to shoot for open division, a G17 with a slide mounted dot and comp (that I've used for multigun matches) or a 2011 shooting major PF.  The PCC I'm planning to shoot uses Glock magazines so the thought behind the G17 is magazine compatibility,  but I don't know if that is even something to be concerned about.

13 hours ago, brian_h said:

I registered for the match right when registration opened since I didn't know how much interest there would be.  It looks like quite a few other people have registered and several squads are full.  I really like the idea of 2 gun matches so as soon as I heard this match was happening I wanted to shoot it.

Now the question is what pistol to shoot for open division, a G17 with a slide mounted dot and comp (that I've used for multigun matches) or a 2011 shooting major PF.  The PCC I'm planning to shoot uses Glock magazines so the thought behind the G17 is magazine compatibility,  but I don't know if that is even something to be concerned about.

Use what you shoot best.  I do know they're not checking PF 

14 hours ago, brian_h said:

Keep in mind that pistol mags still have a length limit. As an experiment, you may want to lighten your 2011 recoil spring and see how your PCC ammo shoots in the 2011. 

On 2/11/2021 at 9:30 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

As long as you're good riding where Rowdy would have fit. Truck's going to be a bit full but there's room for hobbits 🤣🤣

I just now read this March 3rd.... hobbit... hmmm

21 hours ago, ChuckS said:

Keep in mind that pistol mags still have a length limit. As an experiment, you may want to lighten your 2011 recoil spring and see how your PCC ammo shoots in the 2011. 

There shouldn't be any mag placement restrictions. Using a CO pistol under 'open' rules will allow the mags to be placed in front as opposed on the side by hip bone.

50 minutes ago, 71Commander said:

There shouldn't be any mag placement restrictions. Using a CO pistol under 'open' rules will allow the mags to be placed in front as opposed on the side by hip bone.

Also that means I need at least 1, 170mm stick for my CO gun..

On 3/9/2021 at 11:12 AM, Degnan said:

I am surprised it is almost sold out between the scoring format and the ammo shortage. 

Time plus scoring is fun as heck in this style match. Add on to that a pretty inexpensive location, somewhat centralized compared to Frostproof and the two fastest growing divisions, PCC and CO guns for Open, and it's a great value. I think the decision to go PCC over rifle dropped the price and simplified logistics for a lot of people. I'm packing 1 ammo type for both guns and I'll bet we end up seeing a LOT of that at this match. 

2 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Time plus scoring is fun as heck in this style match. Add on to that a pretty inexpensive location, somewhat centralized compared to Frostproof and the two fastest growing divisions, PCC and CO guns for Open, and it's a great value. I think the decision to go PCC over rifle dropped the price and simplified logistics for a lot of people. I'm packing 1 ammo type for both guns and I'll bet we end up seeing a LOT of that at this match. 

Completely agree. I'm not surprised at all about the turnout.  I hope to see many more matches with this setup in my area. With 3 gun on the decline I am already seeing increased interest in outlaw 2 gun matches locally. It'd be great for a match with a unified rule-set to become a regular thing. 

4 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Time plus scoring is fun as heck in this style match.

I'm waiting to see how that going to work. Generally timeplus lean more on speed (no minor HF scoring, eh?). Unless they are putting a lot more no-shoots and some penalties. Presumably the same penaties as used in MG Nationals or what?

• 2 weeks later...

Mostly.  Two anywhere on paper or one Alpha.  Below is the section from the rule book.

"Time Plus Scoring
9.3.1 Unless otherwise stipulated in the written stage briefing, any cardboard
target designated as a “shoot” target must be neutralized by either one (1) “A” hit
-OR-
two (2) hits anywhere inside the scoring perforations on the target (i.e. minimum 2 “D” hits) to avoid a penalty."
  • 2 weeks later...