Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

PCC/Pistol Nationals..?

I saw the email from USPSA HQ the other day... 2-Gun PCC/Pistol Nationals? WTF?

Due to the pandemic I've pretty much been sidelined from matches for the most part... when did this become a thing lol?

Sounds fun...

Edited by ck1
  • Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/7/2021 at 9:15 AM, rowdyb said:

Because a prominent pcc shooter wanted something like it to happen.

The timing is horrible. The rules are goofy. Not interested. 

Bro, there's a state match in Ohio and a section match in Oregon. The timing is awesome! Drive to my place, hop in the truck and roll with me 🤣

I wouldn't miss this one for anything! I've been wanting USPSA to get more into Rifle and Pistol for a long time. Matches like this make me very, very happy! 

1 hour ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Bro, there's a state match in Ohio and a section match in Oregon. The timing is awesome! Drive to my place, hop in the truck and roll with me 

Honestly I probably would do that. I have the time and means and home approval. What I don't have is any ammo. I have truly just 4k of 9mm to last me the rest of the year. Every major, every local, every practice session and my teaching has to come out of those 4k for the entire year. I wouldn't even care about all the possible new Covid exposure if I had a much bigger pile of ammo.

51 minutes ago, rowdyb said:

Honestly I probably would do that. I have the time and means and home approval. What I don't have is any ammo. I have truly just 4k of 9mm to last me the rest of the year. Every major, every local, every practice session and my teaching has to come out of those 4k for the entire year. I wouldn't even care about all the possible new Covid exposure if I had a much bigger pile of ammo.

Rowdy,

Situation so bad in the US? We can still buy whatever we want... except there is no shooting... since i am so bored i make a few hundred a day, now nearly 10.000...

Edited by Fasthenk65

Yes. 9mm ammo is extremely hard to find and often costing 50-75 cents a round. Or about .64 Euro per round. Which is 3 times the usual cost.

If you reload, projectiles themselves take 1 to 3 months to arrive. And small pistol primers are virtually non existant. On the secondary market 1,000 small pistol primers sell instantly for $100 and others are selling them at up to $250 per 1,000 primers.

I live in a gun friendly state, in the 6th largest city in the USA and it is that difficult. There are pockets of places that get things or seem to be less bothered but on the whole it is currently very bleak.

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Situation so bad in the US?

We have been kicking around going as the 1 major for us due to the ammo/primer shortage. 3 of us shoot and would be roughly 1500 rounds between us. Might just take my 18 YO granddaughter. She is  a pretty good PCC/CO shooter and hangs with some top shooters. Hard to justify the ammo expense even if I can find enough 9mm at 75-80 cents a round. Or primers. It would wipe out what I have left. Plenty of projectiles & cases. Easily over a grand for each of us, when you add in match fees, ammo, travel, hotels, etc. Gets to be quite expensive. Still hoping. 

Saw some of the rules on the USPSA email, but can't find them now. Any link to them?

gerritm

On 2/7/2021 at 9:15 AM, rowdyb said:

Damn, I didn't think about the ammo shortage aspect of it... is kind of bad timing if that's what you mean..?

Now you've got me dying to know what's wonky about the rules lol..? 🙄

And FWIW I'm not even asking/talking about this from a competition point of view... I just think it'd be super fun if it's done right, I've shot pistol/PCC in a couple UML matches and shooting the pistol/pcc combo was a blast.

I've got the ammo thing covered, but between a tornado and Covid back-to-back, 2020 did all it could to nearly kill off my business, so I've had to deal with that more than any real shooting or practice, rusty doesn't even quantify it, I plain suck right now lol.

On 2/7/2021 at 7:15 AM, rowdyb said:

I know the PCC/Pistol match Max is trying to put on in Utah has some weird rules, but I haven't seen the rules for the USPSA match.

Are these the rules you are talking about?

https://forums.brianenos.com/topic/291530-2021-cobalt-kinetics-practical-2-gun-championship-by-max-leograndissups-crew/

2 hours ago, JodiH said:

Only Open and Limited Divisions will be offered.  

This is kind of a bummer.

Carry Optics guns shouldn't have to go against Open guns if I understand the divisions correctly..? THE PCC IS ALREADY THE OPEN GUN (IMHO). "Cheap Open" is a joke guys 😉

Limited might be cool though, less of an arms-race (odd to say with PCC's involved that can have as many gadgets bolted on one desires lol).

Edited by ck1
11 minutes ago, ck1 said:

Carry Optics guns shouldn't have to go against Open guns if I understand the divisions correctly..?

Power Factor is not recognized in Time Plus since you only have to neutralize the cardboard targets (1 alpha or 2 anywhere on target).  Since the PCC rules are the same in both divisions, the only difference is iron sights versus optic on the pistol.  If you look at the rest of the Multigun divisions, the differences are in the shotgun and rifle equipment, which do not come into play in PCC and Pistol match.

24 minutes ago, JodiH said:

Power Factor is not recognized in Time Plus since you only have to neutralize the cardboard targets (1 alpha or 2 anywhere on target).  Since the PCC rules are the same in both divisions, the only difference is iron sights versus optic on the pistol.  If you look at the rest of the Multigun divisions, the differences are in the shotgun and rifle equipment, which do not come into play in PCC and Pistol match.

Seems weird to just be "any pistol w/ an optic" for Open, and "any pistol w/o optic" for Limited, but OK if that's it?

Edited by ck1
clarity
2 hours ago, Joe4d said:

Makes sense to me, no power factor score so that negates much of an advantage for a comp..

So really only thing that makes sense out side of capacity rules is optic or no optic.

Kind of... a frame-mounted optic that stays still vs a slide-mounted one is a pretty big advantage IMHO...

3 hours ago, Darqusoull13 said:

Like I said, I'm in. Wouldn't miss this one for anything. Ammo is a small expense when everything else comes into play. Y'all worry too much about excuses not to go with all this talk of divisions. Meanwhile Jerry's been shooting a M&P without a comp in Open for decades? 

Not for 3 of us, ammo cost is well over 1K. But still thinking about it, have a couple of leads on ammo or primers. Will see. 

gerritm

On 2/8/2021 at 10:32 AM, Darqusoull13 said:

Bro, there's a state match in Ohio and a section match in Oregon. The timing is awesome! Drive to my place, hop in the truck and roll with me 🤣

I wouldn't miss this one for anything! I've been wanting USPSA to get more into Rifle and Pistol for a long time. Matches like this make me very, very happy! 

Does the invite extend to me also?! 🤣  I will admit I wanna do this too!!