Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help me with a holster and belt set up please

Hi guys after shooting pcc for a couple years I am moving to open/limited division. I recently ordered a Phoenix Trinity honcho . I also have a staccato xl that I will use for steel matches. In your opinions and what is the best holster, belt, and pouches that I can get. Price is not really a factor. Thanks!!

If you can swing it, I definitely think the Alpha X mag pouches are worth the price compared to older Race Masters. Holsters come down to preference in the draw and it would benefit a lot if you could try a couple out. 

17 minutes ago, touji said:

If you can swing it, I definitely think the Alpha X mag pouches are worth the price compared to older Race Masters. Holsters come down to preference in the draw and it would benefit a lot if you could try a couple out. 

I hope you meant Xi or XiP.  The mounting system on the X sucks. 

Edited by echotango

The race masters have the ball joint for mounting like the Xi/Xip. I would not buy them new, but would used.  The dovetails on the X are horrible and that is why they were short lived.  Wouldn't want the X new or used again.   

you are correct, the pouches themselves are all pretty similar.  X and Xi have the lining, that is about it. 

Edited by echotango

I would definitely recommend using Double Alpha mag pouches. There belts are good also . For a holster I always went with a Safariland . But I prefer a holster that is set up like the safariland competition holsters .

Double Aplha all the things!

Inner/outer belt is the best out there in terms of rigidity and holding up to normal use. No loose threads, stitches etc.  

The racer pouches are a great value and seem to hold up well, and I use the alpha x holster. Love the adjustability and how solid it is once adjusted.