Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow 2 OR backup parts

joenuclear

slide stop, optic, grip screw, optic mounting screw, plate mounting screw, magazine parts.

in my experience nothing really breaks on the regular on the shadow 2's. (where as the sp01 guns you for sure needed a slide stop and trigger return spring) so your issues are going to be more related to the optic and its mount versus anything in the "ignition" functions of the gun.

Edited by rowdyb

I second all the above and will add installing a floating pin for the trigger return spring. Removing the original pin is a little involved to try and accomplish at a safe table. The floating pin allows you to remove it with a simple pin punch in a few seconds.
The trigger return spring and firing pin spring are the only parts to fail on my S2 so far. 

• 3 weeks later...

Keep a spare extractor, TRS and slide stop on hand. Odds are good you wont need to replace anything for 25-50k rounds.

Spare optics are a good idea they dont seem to last as long

I have had a Shadow 2 OR for over two years now, and the only thing I have for backup is a slide stop and spare batteries for my optic. Nothing else is really needed. 

Edited by abb1

i shot cz75's for several years, and once I replaced the trigger return spring and installed the cgw floating pin, I had zero failures of any kind. I would still plan on buying a spare slide stop after the first year and using it for matches until the original slide stop breaks. Then switch the match stop in for practice and buy a new one for matches.

might also be worth while if you have access to a drill press to put a hole in the optic plate so you can access the extractor pin without removing the plate (only removing the optic). My shadow2 extractor got gunked up enough to cause feed problems in less than 2k rounds.

Edited by motosapiens

I'd go with rowdyb's suggestions if all you want are some spare parts.  They are all things you could easily do at a safe table.  That's it though.  I'd never, ever try to disassemble one at a safe table for anything more substantial than replacing those items.  I'd rather have an identical backup, especially at an LII or LIII match.  I was in just such a situation at an LIII match.  Had I not had a backup in my case, I'd have shot two stages of a 12 stage match, gone home and wasted all the money I spent on registration, etc.  If you are serious about competing, and/or hate the thought of quitting a match because of a malfunction, buy an identical backup.  Assuming you can afford to, of course.

On 3/11/2021 at 11:16 AM, JDalton203 said:

Do  you guys have a favorite place to get said parts?

Cajun gun works, cz custom, benstoeger pro shop (carries parts from cajun gun works but cheaper shipping if only buying springs). 

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/15/2021 at 9:27 AM, jgtr13 said:

Cajun gun works, cz custom, benstoeger pro shop (carries parts from cajun gun works but cheaper shipping if only buying springs). 

Thanks! Those are who I have been using but figured I would check, appreciate it 👍