Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

USPSA target carry bag

Chapo

What do you guys use to carry the USPSA cardboard targets to the range. I am tired of carrying the cardboard shipping box they came in. In addition, I have to walk some distance from car to range and it would be nice to have a bag to sling over shoulder to carry them in. Double alpha has one but seems like these have in out of stock for ever. 

1 hour ago, Chapo said:

Yeah. That bag is out of stock everywhere. 

It’s showing in stock at various dealers overseas. Never know, you might be able to get one from them.

You can also email Saul at DAA. He might help

I guess this could be an option for the USPSA and idpa cardboard targets. 

Welldeal Heavy Duty Art Portfolio Carry Case Bag Backpack 26" x 19" Student Artist Portfolio for Drawing Board Folding Easel Palette Sketch Paper Brushes Pencil (Black) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B076H2TXXB/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_1C2CH7N7NESVJFN9Q5ZR?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

9 hours ago, fishhunter3 said:

them in the back seat of my truck

I buy them 100 at a time so each year I'm getting 100 metric and 100 classic targets, sadly that wouldn't work for me. But Wed through Friday my range stuff does just live in my truck non stop, with usually 6 to 8 targets just tossed in the back seat.

21 minutes ago, RangerTrace said:

Y'all are using way too many targets if you need to devise a way to carry them........

Well, he did say he had to carry them a long way from car to range. If I were in that predicament I’d probably want a case or straps too.

Around here we drive right up to the bays so throwing them on the seat works fine.

Well, if you want to make Saul wealthy, go ahead ...

- Both USPSA and IPSC (as well as NRA D-1 and IDPA) targets measure 18" wide.

- I just checked the width of a standard pillow case ... It measured 19".

- Pillow cases are cheap and can be found just about anywhere.

- DAA makes great stuff, but they're out of this ... Plus I think it costs a bit more.

Do the math ... I'd just go to Wally-World (or wherever) and get a couple of pillowcases.

YMMV

8 minutes ago, Schutzenmeister said:

Well, if you want to make Saul wealthy, go ahead ...

- Both USPSA and IPSC (as well as NRA D-1 and IDPA) targets measure 18" wide.

- I just checked the width of a standard pillow case ... It measured 19".

- Pillow cases are cheap and can be found just about anywhere.

- DAA makes great stuff, but they're out of this ... Plus I think it costs a bit more.

Do the math ... I'd just go to Wally-World (or wherever) and get a couple of pillowcases.

YMMV

Don’t get me wrong, I agree on DAA but I think the OP was looking for a way to free up his hands for other stuff for his long trek to the range. I’m sure a strap could be wrapped around the targets in a way to make a shoulder strap but a pillow case is still a hand carry affair. 

3 hours ago, Sarge said:

Don’t get me wrong, I agree on DAA but I think the OP was looking for a way to free up his hands for other stuff for his long trek to the range. I’m sure a strap could be wrapped around the targets in a way to make a shoulder strap but a pillow case is still a hand carry affair. 

I'm no seamstress, but even I could stitch a shoulder strap to a pillowcase.