Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Laugo Alien Pistol

bac1023

5 hours ago, bac1023 said:

I picked this up recently.  I haven't shot it yet, but plan to as soon as the weather break around here.

Anybody have one?

Because of its low price everyone probably has it. I intend to hang it on the wall as a cheap decoration.

Who would not want a S.A. gun  for Production Division.😉

Yes it is a very interesting gun and I am convinced it is very accurate and works well. Enjoy the new toy

On 2/1/2021 at 5:45 PM, Rnlinebacker said:

Way too overpriced for the division it competes in

Kind of like all of the overpriced 2011s in limited right?  This year, we saw that you can be limited champ with a polymer gun.  The price gap for alien to other production gun is far less than the gap we see in limited.

1 hour ago, Zerofade said:

Kind of like all of the overpriced 2011s in limited right?  This year, we saw that you can be limited champ with a polymer gun.  The price gap for alien to other production gun is far less than the gap we see in limited.

This !

And the Alien really is a superior design for fast shooting.

Here's my Alien with some of its other recently introduced Production Class competition. 

CZ Shadow 2 Orange, Beretta 92X Performance, Walther Q5 Match SF Pro, Phoenix Redback, and Arex Rex Alpha

IMG_0468.jpg

Edited by bac1023

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/5/2021 at 12:19 AM, Fasthenk65 said:

Love the Alien. As soon as I have reports on longer term reliability I buy one.

I am convinced that the gun is reliable. The only thing is a change in the PF over time. interestingly  within a how many rounds  it drops below 125  PF.

4 hours ago, yigal said:

I am convinced that the gun is reliable. The only thing is a change in the PF over time. interestingly  within a how many rounds  it drops below 125  PF.

Is this because the barrel is getting worse soon????

On 2/17/2021 at 3:45 PM, yigal said:

not the barrel . the piston.

Yigal my friend, do you have any idea how fast it's getting ' bad' ? And is it an expensive part you think? Somehow I want to like the Alien but afraid of 'new' technology...

1 hour ago, Fasthenk65 said:

Yigal my friend, do you have any idea how fast it's getting ' bad' ? And is it an expensive part you think? Somehow I want to like the Alien but afraid of 'new' technology...

i like this gun too.

it's the same mech. like on HK p7 . long ago 😀 all this guns HK that shoot in ipsc after 10K- 15k lost PF from 142 to 105 PF 

Unfortunately we had to disqualify all these guns for use in ipsc competitions
Because the people could not get the parts to fix the problem. It is not for nothing that this gun quickly disappeared from all competitions around the world.

piston itself very simple part and it's not expensive but if u will have any problem with piston sleeve it's expensive.

every K rounds that u shoot u need change  piston with larger diameter. and PF will back again.

4 hours ago, Fasthenk65 said:

I have had an alien for over a year.  I probably only have about 15,000 rounds through  it.  I have not noticed a drop in PF.  The gas piston is a replaceable part and I have a spare in my gun room already.  I like to buy spare parts for any of my pistols, I purchased a full 'spare parts' kit for my alien for a couple hundred dollars.  It is important to use FMJ projectiles (not coated or plated projectiles), otherwise fragments can eventually foul the gas system.  Again, cleaning can repair it, but that can be more work than necessary as well.

8 hours ago, Zerofade said:

I have had an alien for over a year.  I probably only have about 15,000 rounds through  it.  I have not noticed a drop in PF.  The gas piston is a replaceable part and I have a spare in my gun room already.  I like to buy spare parts for any of my pistols, I purchased a full 'spare parts' kit for my alien for a couple hundred dollars.  It is important to use FMJ projectiles (not coated or plated projectiles), otherwise fragments can eventually foul the gas system.  Again, cleaning can repair it, but that can be more work than necessary as well.

very smart  to have this spare parts. Especially since it is a rare gun.👍 yes use only FMJ bullets.

I hope, that this company has taken into account the disadvantages, which have been in such a mechanism in the past and have improved it.

very attractive gun and design.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
On 2/19/2021 at 4:43 PM, Zerofade said:

My Alien has been great except for an issue with charging the pistol with a full mag depending on the ammo - the slide will jamb and not pull back 

This is a result of the firing pin “ saddle” than drops down in the slide having to pass over the bullet top to rack the slide - you can see the copper marks on the rear of the saddle 

It works with S&B 124 with effort - but totally jambs on Fed AE and other US made 9mm 

Will always go into battery from slide lock - Laugo is apparently aware of the problem but can’t engineer 10rnd mags with a lighter spring - I heard that other mags were available but the Canadian distributor did not offer that solution 

On 6/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, USMC0331 said:

How is the trigger Bac1023?  I know you have a Salient Tier one strike one.  How does the Alien compare to that gun?  Trigger?  Accuracy? Muzzle flip?  Reset?   Thanks

Jumping in on the trigger question - my Alien pulls at 2.8 lbs - a couple mm of travel to defined wall and then a clean break - reset is really short at 2mm - no creep at all in this trigger - has the crisp feel and shape of the best striker you can imagine with the straight pull of a 1911  - it is a hammer fired SA - the hammer is just inverted inside the fixed top rail above the slide - it’s a very simple system 

Very low muzzle flip , accuracy is on par with a high end 1911 - have shot pairs into the same hole on competition stages - basically the pistol performs as advertised 

On 6/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, USMC0331 said:

How is the trigger Bac1023?  I know you have a Salient Tier one strike one.  How does the Alien compare to that gun?  Trigger?  Accuracy? Muzzle flip?  Reset?   Thanks

Sorry for the delay.  I actually never shot my Signature Alien.  A couple of them brought over $15,000 each onn Gunbroker, so I'm leaving it unfired.  I recently picked up an Alien Performance and it shoots great.  I think the is very similar to the trigger on the Salient Strike One, actually. 

Same gun, but without the signature and extras.  In fact the Performance model doesn't come with the magwell.  That was another $80. 

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pmyqFWiQj][IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/922/yqFWiQ.jpg[/IMG][/URL]

Here it is with my Salient Strike One and CZ Shadow 2.  The CZ has a much higher bore axis than either of them.

[URL=https://imageshack.com/i/pnJ9Rvyej][IMG]https://imagizer.imageshack.com/v2/xq90/923/J9Rvye.jpg[/IMG][/URL]