Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

“New” Leupold DPP

On 2/1/2021 at 11:27 AM, 021411 said:

So the 6 MOA flavor was announced today. Anyone with insider info know if they revised the way the battery contact is secured in them? ie not with a piece of “tape”

Leupold has been replacing the circuit boards in the DPP's with a new version of the circuit board for at least a year. I have 4 DPP's that have been back to Leupold multiple times until the new version of the circuit board was installed. So far I have not had a problem with the new circuit boards. The old circuit board was green and the new version is blue. I would assume that 6MOA version has the new circuit board in it.

19 hours ago, jpm2953 said:

they missed a great opportunity to put 2 buttons on the dumb thing

I disagree as I feel the DPP is superior to any other micro dot because of it's simplicity.  to each their own.  I have 6 DPPs and they're just great

8 hours ago, hiflyer51 said:

Leupold has been replacing the circuit boards in the DPP's with a new version of the circuit board for at least a year. I have 4 DPP's that have been back to Leupold multiple times until the new version of the circuit board was installed. So far I have not had a problem with the new circuit boards. The old circuit board was green and the new version is blue. I would assume that 6MOA version has the new circuit board in it.

Well I'll be damned. I warrantied my green circuit board version for the tape coming undone January 2020. It came back a month later or so with a new green board. 

How is the contact held into place on the blue boards? They still using tape? 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/3/2021 at 4:42 PM, 021411 said:

Well I'll be damned. I warrantied my green circuit board version for the tape coming undone January 2020. It came back a month later or so with a new green board. 

How is the contact held into place on the blue boards? They still using tape? 

It's held on the same as the green but rotated 45° if I remember correctly from another post on here.