Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Putting a red dot on a 1911 - slide milling

barrysuperhawk

Ok, so its 2021 and the gun market is stuck on stupid. (no offence to anyone in the market, you know what I mean.)

So, I have decided to have a 1911 slide milled for a red dot - don't worry, its only a Para-ordinance, nothing nice or collectable.  What I would like is advice on the Best - Cheapest - Fastest matrix for this project.  I want the lowest possible mount, so I am unwilling to use any type of adapter plate, I just want my slide directly milled and tapped for the optic that I have (swampfox liberty) and I don't care a bit about the irons.   So, rather than pick a place randomly off google with no idea if they have a crazy backlog, crappy workmanship or horrible customer service, I figured I would come here for advice.  So where should I send my slide?  

On 1/29/2021 at 3:20 PM, jcc7x7 said:

Call primary machine

They told me "NO" for the optic that I own (swampfox).  So, now if I want Primary Machine to do the work, I have to try to find ANOTHER red dot on their approved list, or take my chances.  

Barry,
We do NOT mill for any Swampfox optics. In our experience they do not fit the footprints they claim perfectly.
Thanks
Bruce 

Primary Machine
2951 Railroad Ave
Morgan City, LA 70380

1 hour ago, barrysuperhawk said:

They told me "NO" for the optic that I own (swampfox).  So, now if I want Primary Machine to do the work, I have to try to find ANOTHER red dot on their approved list, or take my chances.  

Is it a QC issue?  The Swamp Fox I bought fit onto the RMR adapter plate fine. 

On 2/1/2021 at 10:36 AM, Boomstick303 said:

Is it a QC issue?  The Swamp Fox I bought fit onto the RMR adapter plate fine. 

I have no idea I don't have anything to test it with.  Obviously SF is not top of the line but it is the optic that I have in hand, and in todays age of "out of stock" thats worth alot...

• 7 months later...